Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Drill of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    JCN gave me some very specific drills that took my draw down about .3 tenths in a short period of time (few weeks) and then added the accuracy component to keep that same hand speed at targets with more difficulty.
    That specifically sounds very helpful, as I know my draw speed is a weak point in terms of classification.

I’m in

I’m just waiting for @LittleLebowski to make us our own little subforum for this type of training.

This should be interesting and fun.

I’m a high B in CO, on and off the top 20 on the uspsa web site. Off at the moment due to shooting 4 in one day @ 66, 72, 73 and 81%. Just the 81 would have slid me to A but all 4 ended up lowering my percentage

I’ve been refocusing my dry fire on draw and transitions as I know there’s a lot of time to be gained there.

This may or may not happen in a subforum format.

If people are interested in free online coaching, I’m willing to take on one or two more students depending on what they’re looking to accomplish.

DM me if interested in a 3 month program.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This may or may not happen in a subforum format.

If people are interested in free online coaching, I’m willing to take on one or two more students depending on what they’re looking to accomplish.

DM me if interested in a 3 month program.
    For somebody who talks about not letting ego get in the way of doing things taking your ball and going home due to not having a special subforum seems kind of silly.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    For somebody who talks about not letting ego get in the way of doing things taking your ball and going home due to not having a special subforum seems kind of silly.
    I try not to let ego get in the way of ME improving.

If I’m volunteering my free time, I get to dictate how pleasurable I want it to be with my donation.

It’s an efficiency thing. We have subforums here like KSTG which are for a sport that doesn’t exist.

If I were coaching for MY improvement I’d just camp out there.

The back story is that I asked the moderators FIRST if they’d be interested on the condition that it was in a separate subforum. That was agreed upon. Hasn’t happened yet but might.

While we are waiting if people want to get started they can.

Kind of like the Bakersfield PD story, if I’m designing a program I’m getting to design it with agreed upon terms.

So I’m leaving it open. Does that make sense?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I try not to let ego get in the way of ME improving.

If I’m volunteering my free time, I get to dictate how pleasurable I want it to be with my donation.

It’s an efficiency thing. We have subforums here like KSTG which are for a sport that doesn’t exist.

If I were coaching for MY improvement I’d just camp out there.

The back story is that I asked the moderators FIRST if they’d be interested on the condition that it was in a separate subforum. That was agreed upon. Hasn’t happened yet but might.

While we are waiting if people want to get started they can.

Kind of like the Bakersfield PD story, if I’m designing a program I’m getting to design it with agreed upon terms.

So I’m leaving it open. Does that make sense?
    Yeah, I just think it’s funny that you want your own special subforum before you start posting drills rather than letting a thread in the general discussion area develop and merit being stickies or posted in a sub forum because it’s always busy, but I guess we all feed our egos in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Yeah, I just think it’s funny that you want your own special subforum before you start posting drills rather than letting a thread in the general discussion area develop and merit being stickies or posted in a sub forum because it’s always busy, but I guess we all feed our egos in different ways.
    I don’t think you understand the process.

It’s not about posting drills. It’s about spending time to coach people on how to get better.

All the drills are already out there on the Internet. That’s nothing new. And you can see that by itself doesn’t have specific value otherwise there would be no B class shooters. And no 3 second reloads. And no 2 second draws.

If you look at the @Moylan thread or ask him directly how much value is in our coaching relationship, he’ll tell you.

For all the general drills in all the notable classes he’s attended… ask him if that helped him help himself like this program.

So yeah, it’s valuable and worth a lot. Want it to percolate in the general subforum? I’m not interested thanks.

If I had a book prepared of drills in a magic program I’d publish it.

But creating something for C class shooters will take some thought and time. And honestly I’m not sure it’s worth it but was willing to do it if that’s what the site wanted.

When I agreed to help Moylan I asked him this:

If you take it as you doing me a favor, no thanks.
    If you take it as me doing you a favor, I’m happy to help.
    Honestly, people like you (Caballoflaco) make it less fun to do these sorts of things and I have freedom of choice of how I invest my time.

So thanks. Now I’ll take my ball and go home. I withdraw the offer to help.

People can thank @Caballoflaco for killing this initiative.

I’m no Buddha nor do I claim to be. Everyone has ego, including myself. It makes things fun or not fun.

This is no fun currently. Because of ego.

When the ego gets in the way of my achievement, I spend the effort to try and shut if down.

When the ego is unhappy and I have a choice not to be there, that’s what I’m going to do.

If I go to a restaurant and they treat me like they’re doing me a favor feeding me, me and my ego have the choice to spend our time and money elsewhere if that makes sense. There’s no reason for me to put in the effort to stuff my ego and gut it out when I have freedom to go elsewhere.
    Last edited by JCN; 08-08-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Stay golden Pony Boy.

User Tag List