Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Drill of the Week

USPSA Drill of the Week

New to Pistol-Forum: the USPSA Drill of the Week!

This is @JCN's idea, and he has volunteered to coordinate this activity. After it gets going, I'm hoping other P-F members join in with drill submissions. Stay tuned...

@Gio, @Les Pepperoni, @jetfire, @nwhpfan, other members... you know who you are.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Kind of like a watered down JCN training program

For those of you who have seen my training journals:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....aining-journal

I made USPSA CO GM within two years of getting involved in USPSA with about 20-40 min a day of dry focused dry fire practice. Currently, I’m working 1:1 with @JCS @Moylan and @BWT and they can comment on utility of insight of a particularly focused / designed training program.

While I don’t have time to work with everyone, nor does everyone necessarily want to work with me I thought I would try and give back to the PF community at large with a subforum for training.

What I plan on doing here is doing a watered down version of my training program without the individualizations. This would be geared towards D/C/B level shooters and meant to highlight weakness in their game but more than that it would provide a mechanism and instructions for improvement.

So not only a drill as a test, but a drill as a training mechanism with advice on how to improve.

And the drills would be complementary as a longitudinal program so that people can basically get a comprehensive USPSA training program if they stuck with it. The actual drills would be very low round count in the spirit of maximizing ammo benefit and minimizing cost.

If people are interested, please post in this thread or at least “like” this post. That’ll help determine how much effort I put into it. If nobody cares, then I won’t put much effort into it and it’ll just be basic drills with no explanation. If more people are interested, I can go more in depth with the why and how.

In and much appreciated from a lapsed C class prod, and aspiring D class CO USPSA shooter.

God knows I need the help

I'm very interested as I'm a "middle C" in Limited/Minor, and I have a short term goal of making A class by this time next year, and long term goal of Master in 2 years.

Site Supporter
    I'm interested D class CO and look to heading to D or C in SS Major.

Hard not to see this as potentially beneficial. Thanks for even considering putting in the effort.

Thanks!

I think having a program that’s specifically designed for D/C shooters to get to solid B would be a lot of fun and potentially help a lot of people who are frustrated with drills that don’t help them get to where they need to get at the level they are at.

Just waiting on @LittleLebowski to make it a subforum to get started otherwise it’ll likely get buried.

The more people that like and post here, the more I can identify who I’m helping!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    For those of you who have seen my training journals:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....aining-journal

I made USPSA CO GM within two years of getting involved in USPSA with about 20-40 min a day of dry focused dry fire practice. Currently, I’m working 1:1 with @JCS @Moylan and @BWT and they can comment on utility of insight of a particularly focused / designed training program.

While I don’t have time to work with everyone, nor does everyone necessarily want to work with me I thought I would try and give back to the PF community at large with a subforum for training.

What I plan on doing here is doing a watered down version of my training program without the individualizations. This would be geared towards D/C/B level shooters and meant to highlight weakness in their game but more than that it would provide a mechanism and instructions for improvement.

So not only a drill as a test, but a drill as a training mechanism with advice on how to improve.

And the drills would be complementary as a longitudinal program so that people can basically get a comprehensive USPSA training program if they stuck with it. The actual drills would be very low round count in the spirit of maximizing ammo benefit and minimizing cost.

If people are interested, please post in this thread or at least “like” this post. That’ll help determine how much effort I put into it. If nobody cares, then I won’t put much effort into it and it’ll just be basic drills with no explanation. If more people are interested, I can go more in depth with the why and how.
    @JCN has a very specific approach to getting better that works. More important than putting in the time, you need to learn to self diagnose and analyze yourself as a shooter.

I look forward to find out what he does with this sub forum because one flaw of the training books is that they give the same set of drills for c class to GM.

JCN gave me some very specific drills that took my draw down about .3 tenths in a short period of time (few weeks) and then added the accuracy component to keep that same hand speed at targets with more difficulty.

Having a focused program is what led to me having a lot of improvement in a short period of time.

Site Supporter
    B class CO shooter here. Haven't shot a lot this year and am looking for more consistent B (or A) class results.

Thanks for your efforts!

I think that is really great, and I appreciate any efforts in these sorts of directions.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List