Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zeleny v. Bonta: a Small Win for Gun Rights

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Follow the money, sunshine. I started this gig sixteen years ago with zero capital on hand, by forgoing $72,500,000.00 in litigation assets. Over the years, my costs of performance art have added up in the low seven figures. And yet here I am, living the life of Riley on Mt Olympus. Figure out my rates of return accordingly.

As for being on the spectrum, I own it ever since my four year old son has been so diagnosed. Boo-fucking-hoo.
    Just to be clear.....

....are you actually bragging about making a career out of suing people?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I did not read the opinion and offer no opinion of my own on the merits of the case or the benefits of the win, but I will say that suits like this add to the long list of evidence that proves God loves lawyers.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    So Menlo Park got the hero the city deserves, not the hero the city needs.

On a more serious note, egregious abridgments of freedom seem to spark egregious acts by those acting to lessen the shackles on personal liberty. I may not agree that Zeleny moved the needle, but I admire his willingness to make change happen by working within the system. Nothing is more American than acting out against tyranny. And he did it without violence.
    Thanks for your kind words. In my native land, there is a tradition of schooling the state in its own laws. I started out in the fall of 1976 by joining the ranks of the Moscow Helsinki Group. Eleven years earlier, on 5 December 1965, my hero and future drinking companion Alexander Esenin-Volpin said it best: “Abide by the Constitution! Understand the laws as they are written, not as the authorities interpret them.” Words to live by in our constitutional republic.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Just to be clear.....

....are you actually bragging about making a career out of suing people?
    No, not that. I made the point of standing up for my rights. Prevailing in civil and criminal lawsuits is incidental to this commitment.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I did not read the opinion and offer no opinion of my own on the merits of the case or the benefits of the win, but I will say that suits like this add to the long list of evidence that proves God loves lawyers.
    Consider the alternatives. In my native land, problems like mine are solved with lead or poison. I’d rather rely on due process.

Site Supporter
    Consider the alternatives. In my native land, problems like mine are solved with lead or poison. I’d rather rely on due process.
    Speaking as one of God's chosen people, you'll get no argument from me.

No, not that. I made the point of standing up for my rights. Prevailing in civil and criminal lawsuits is incidental to this commitment.
    lulz.

There's some "wordsmithing" if I ever saw it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    lulz.

There's some "wordsmithing" if I ever saw it.
    Help me out here, snookums. Is this some kind of neurotypical slur, like my failing to realize how out of the norm my behavior is, and not getting to shag the prom queen? Do you normies sincerely expect everyone to toe your line and hanker after the objects of your concupiscence? How does this outlook coexist with appreciation of the pistol, as the plebeian counterpart to the ultima ratio regum? Wouldn’t you be better served by bending over and taking it like a man from anyone stronger or richer?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    This is obviously heading nowhere worth going.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List