Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppressed 22LR or suppressed 9mm?

Site Supporter
    Suppressed .22 LR.

Maybe look at a heavy 60 gr bullet if you want to take your chances at a torso shot.

https://www.aguilaammo.com/ammunitio...r-subsonic-60/

The turkey could just go be visiting family in the country if you need a cover story.

Do you have a rifle in mind?
    God Bless,

Brandon

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Suppressed .22 LR.

Maybe look at a heavy 60 gr bullet if you want to take your chances at a torso shot.

https://www.aguilaammo.com/ammunitio...r-subsonic-60/

The turkey could just go be visiting family in the country if you need a cover story.

Do you have a rifle in mind?
    That Aguila SSS is known to not stabilize well in standard 1:16 twist .22LR barrels. Needs a custom, fast twist to work well at more than close range.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That Aguila SSS is known to not stabilize well in standard 1:16 twist .22LR barrels. Needs a custom, fast twist to work well at more than close range.
    This appears to be a very close range task.

I would probably consider a suppressed .25 cal PNP air rifle.

Whatever you use, you better follow Chris Knight's advice, "Five years later...I ain't told a soul."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Still hanging out

Name:  D8A7380D-13B9-42D7-914B-21EA79884D97.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  91.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Name:  D8A7380D-13B9-42D7-914B-21EA79884D97.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  91.9 KB
    Dinner waitin' to happen...get on it. PM for recipe resources....

pat

Oakland forced to close rose garden over angry turkey that won't stop attacking people
    Friday, June 12, 2020

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- An aggressive turkey with a bad habit of attacking people has forced the closure of Morcom Rose Garden in Oakland's Grand Lake neighborhood. Perhaps feeling the stress of a global pandemic or America's long legacy of racism, Gerald has taken to viciously attacking visitors to the rose garden.

Oakland Animal Services didn't know exactly how many times Gerald has unleashed his fury on fellow park visitors, but the agency did pass along more than a dozen email complaints they've received about the turkey.

"His favorite target seems to be older women, although young children are also at great risk," reads one email.

"I swear I was getting flashbacks to the velociraptor scenes in 'Jurassic Park' as he was 'cooing' at me sizing me up," reads another. "And before you laugh at all this, I'm telling you he was relentless!"

Others describe the turkey charging at them, jumping on them, clawing and pecking incessantly as they try to run away.

The city's parks department had to close the garden out of a concern for public safety.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Oakland forced to close rose garden over angry turkey that won't stop attacking people
    Friday, June 12, 2020

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- An aggressive turkey with a bad habit of attacking people has forced the closure of Morcom Rose Garden in Oakland's Grand Lake neighborhood. Perhaps feeling the stress of a global pandemic or America's long legacy of racism, Gerald has taken to viciously attacking visitors to the rose garden.

Oakland Animal Services didn't know exactly how many times Gerald has unleashed his fury on fellow park visitors, but the agency did pass along more than a dozen email complaints they've received about the turkey.

"His favorite target seems to be older women, although young children are also at great risk," reads one email.

"I swear I was getting flashbacks to the velociraptor scenes in 'Jurassic Park' as he was 'cooing' at me sizing me up," reads another. "And before you laugh at all this, I'm telling you he was relentless!"

Others describe the turkey charging at them, jumping on them, clawing and pecking incessantly as they try to run away.

The city's parks department had to close the garden out of a concern for public safety.
    They are pretty ballsy, but not very bright. A lesson there, perhaps? Nah, can't be a parallel for anyone I know...nor me..nope, no parallels I can see...

Fire up the smoker....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Whatever you use, you better follow Chris Knight's advice, "Five years later...I ain't told a soul."
    But hey, that's fishin!

With an anvil!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Friday, June 12, 2020

In the early 1990s, I lived two doors down from the Oakland Rose Garden for a year or so. This does not surprise me in any way. From what I know of the neighborhood, they could get away with using a standard shotgun on a Saturday night without much fuss.

(This is an area with $1.5m Craftsman bungalows and $100/plate restaurants, mind.)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List