Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suppressed 22LR or suppressed 9mm?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You do realize the issue, here, right??? Her new psuedo pet/zoo exhibit becomes dinner...regardless of trashbird flavors, or sublime wild bird taste..you are gonna be wrong. It is part of being a dad... No matter what you do, you will be wrong...you will be wrong....

Might as well be wrong while enjoying smoked wild(ish) turkey....

pat

Of course, if you're a redneck sort of kid, the answers come out a little different...

I'd recommend either a .22 LR Suppressed or a 25+ caliber airgun, also suppressed. Quiet is your friend, even more than caliber.

As far as the cooking goes, dress immediately, pluck the bird, and cool the meat. Set in a marinade for 12+ hours, and it never hurts to cook it smothered over onions and peppers, and serve over rice.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Oakland forced to close rose garden over angry turkey that won't stop attacking people
    Friday, June 12, 2020

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- An aggressive turkey with a bad habit of attacking people has forced the closure of Morcom Rose Garden in Oakland's Grand Lake neighborhood. Perhaps feeling the stress of a global pandemic or America's long legacy of racism, Gerald has taken to viciously attacking visitors to the rose garden.

Oakland Animal Services didn't know exactly how many times Gerald has unleashed his fury on fellow park visitors, but the agency did pass along more than a dozen email complaints they've received about the turkey.

"His favorite target seems to be older women, although young children are also at great risk," reads one email.

"I swear I was getting flashbacks to the velociraptor scenes in 'Jurassic Park' as he was 'cooing' at me sizing me up," reads another. "And before you laugh at all this, I'm telling you he was relentless!"

Others describe the turkey charging at them, jumping on them, clawing and pecking incessantly as they try to run away.

The city's parks department had to close the garden out of a concern for public safety.

Reminds me of of something that happened a long time ago in a small town where I worked involving an aggressive dog (pit bull mix). Unbeknownst to me over the weekend a bunch of drama had unfolded involving all the big fish in the silly little pond. Multiple city council members, and the police and fire chief had tried to live trap this stupid dog.

It was my one weekend a month off, so I knew absolutely NOTHING about all this, and nobody warned me either...

A Hispanic city council woman who absolutely HATED the police officers because ALL white people were racists, we stole HER land, etc, etc, was directly involved with trying to round up the vicious animal as well. She also was constantly accusing us of doing various misdeeds that involved her son. Her son who lived with her was constantly huffing paint, burglarizing houses, cars, doing meth, etc. But it was not his fault.

Anyways, I knew nothing of all the drama. The city council people, and all these "Big Fish" really did not like each other and this dog had become a point of contention that weekend.

Come my day to work, with no prior knowledge of all the heated drama involving all the politics and the dog in the middle, I get a call of a vicious dog first thing....

Long story short, I show up, dog is being an asshole and decides it wants to come straight at me. I don't feel like getting shredded, so I pull my .45 and drop the thing not 20 seconds after I get out of my car. " Hi you called about...UH-OH....BOOM!" Shit!

It literally became a city council meeting and investigation. The arguing and old crap that was brought up between council members that hated each other was unreal. It pretty much had nothing to do with a dog, but talk about theatrics!

A guy that had been on the city council literally since before I was born (at that time) later brought me this Far Side cartoon a couple days later, at the police department and told me good job shooting the stupid dog and not backing down to nutjob lady who hated the policemen. He said they spent hours that weekend arguing and driving around dealing with the dog, and I came to work and shoot the dog in the first 20 minutes of my shift. He thought it was hilarious.

I was just glad I still had a job, and a leg.

I still have the cartoon tacked up as a funny reminder of the shitstorm I unknowingly walked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    ... not 20 seconds after I get out of my car. " Hi you called about...UH-OH....BOOM!" Shit!
    Excellent. I may call you about the aggressive GSD next door.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    As a metropolitan cop, having a reputation as a dog shooter is a thing. Don't get me wrong, would do it in a heartbeat, and my first agency had an SOP to shoot anything trying to take on a PSD, but still....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    As a metropolitan cop, having a reputation as a dog shooter is a thing. Don't get me wrong, would do it in a heartbeat, and my first agency had an SOP to shoot anything trying to take on a PSD, but still....

pat

Lol,

Oh Absolutely! Fortunately this was the last century and in a small town that could be described as anything but metro! We have a small town cop in this valley who has a horrible rep as a dog shooter, and it is very well deserved. Of course he has a horrible rep as a police officer that is very well deserved too.. The citizens have had petitions to have him fired multiple times and I (and most the other LEOs) have gladly supported most of them.

I guess it has been about 7-8 years now, but he might have ended up with an application to join the ATF (a phony one) after he shot yet another persons dog and people were pissed. It might have been made in the detectives bureau, delivered by the deputies who detested him and placed on his car.. I personally would not know. I was stuck at my desk, working on cases.

In fact when I was later asked about said hijinks, that was my response.. Of course nobody looked into his "everybody's picking on me" crying too hard, (and he is famous for throwing complaints on other cops) as there were about a half a dozen attempts at getting the "ATF Wants You" application to look good/complete, along with "how many dogs have you shot" lines, sitting on the table right next to the copy machine and in the trash can. Frankly though, he just wasn't getting much sympathy anywhere.

Name:  IMG_6438.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  43.9 KB

This guy wandered through our yard the other day. It came up the road, through the yard and out behind the house. Last we saw it was heading toward the neighbor's field. One of the kids thought about catching it and then had better thoughts.

They are good if you smoke them.

If you cook them like a regular turkey, they are not as good.

However, if you make a big paste of apples, bacon, brown sugar and sea salt and shove that in the bird, then baste the thing in maple syrup, and wrap the whole thing in foil and cook the crap out of it, they come out great.

Of course following that recipe you can make almost anything taste good!

Personally I am a bit fond of grouse too.

I was hunting wolves one day and these dumb things kept making a racket, so they lost their heads and ended up in the dutch oven along with some spuds.
    Brother, you’re my hero!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Long story short, I show up, dog is being an asshole and decides it wants to come straight at me. I don't feel like getting shredded, so I pull my .45 and drop the thing not 20 seconds after I get out of my car. " Hi you called about...UH-OH....BOOM!" Shit!
    Thanks, had a good laugh. This talk of dog shooting reminded me of that scene from Grosse Point Blank.

I had an issue with ground hog who must have had a death wish. It was granted with a 300BLK sub.

User Tag List