Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden is bringing back showerhead regulations that Trump had done away with

Biden is bringing back showerhead regulations that Trump had done away with

Just tell me what to stockpile right now

https://reason.com/2021/07/20/trump-...ing-them-back/

Under pressure from environmentalists, the Biden administration is putting some stricter energy efficiency regulations in place. On Friday, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced that it would be reversing a short-lived Trump administration rule that eased restrictions on the pleasing flow of multi-headed showers.

The root of this dispute goes back to the Energy Policy and Conservation Act, a 1992 law which imposed a host of convenience-crushing energy efficiency regulations on appliances. Chief among them was a requirement that showerheads sold in the U.S. emit no more than 2.5 gallons of water per minute.

Former President Donald Trump was a frequent critic of both this regulation and Obama-era regulatory changes in 2011 and 2013 that required whole shower units to comply with the 2.5-gallon-per-minute limit. Previously, multi-headed shower units could emit more water so long as each individual showerhead didn't surpass 2.5 gallons-per-minute.

"I build, and I build a lot of stuff. And I go into areas where they have tremendous water… And you have sinks where the water doesn't come out…. You have showers where I can't wash my hair properly, it's a disaster!" said then-candidate Trump at a 2015 rally.

It's a complaint that Trump re-upped multiple times during his tenure in the White House. It wasn't until December 2020, however, that his DOE undid the Obama administration's restrictions, letting multi-headed showers flow freely again.

The Biden administration has now proposed to undo this important win for individual liberty.

"As many parts of America experience historic droughts, this commonsense proposal means consumers can purchase showerheads that conserve water and save them money on their utility bills″ said a Department of Energy spokesperson to the Associated Press on Friday.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It always strikes me as stupendously stupid that in 99 percent of the hotels I stay in, it's impossible to regulate the temperature of the water without having it turned up to max flow rate. I would be perfectly happy having less flow and independently adjustable temperature, but I guess those valve assemblies would cost $5/room more. Or something.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Get out of my shower, Joe Biden!
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

No shower for you, two weeks!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Eventually we’ll be back to buying Serbian showerheads on the black market.

im strong, i can run faster than train

I keep the old ones and clean the mineral deposits out of them every few years.
    Soak them overnight in a pan full of white vinegar. Works a treat. I try not to take lengthy showers, anyway. I grew up during the long 1970s California drought.
    As long as the utilities are not measuring water usage by the cubic foot and informing city governments, I guess I'm ok.

As for low flow toilets, etc....yer on yer own.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 07-20-2021 at 07:05 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Should I hate him? I don't know if mine are low flow or not.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Should I hate him? I don't know if mine are low flow or not.
    You don’t even know him.
    #RESIST

Yes, but there’s just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don’t know, reminds me of… me. No. I’m sure of it, I hate him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I simply walk behind my car when it goes through a car wash.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List