Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: RFI: Every Day Carry Pistol Training, Homestead FL

  1. #1
    Site Supporter RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    RFI: Every Day Carry Pistol Training, Homestead FL

    Tim Herron is offering a 2-day Practical Performance (USPSA-centered) class March 2022, near Homestead FL.

    The class is hosted by EDC Pistol Training:

    https://www.edcpistoltraining.com/

    I'm familiar with Tim's class based on reviews and AARs, but I am curious if anyone has any feedback on the class host. I don't have any specific concerns, just trying to do my due diligence before forking out for a deposit.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Since Tim is a class act, I would rely on his selection of the host as a sufficient recommendation.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  3. #3
    Unreconstructed Moylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    NC
    I don't know anything about EDC other than what I've read in some AAR's. I like that he wrote an actual negative review for a class. That's rare. Also, to add to GJM's comment, Herron taught an EDC-hosted class a few months ago, so he knows what he's getting into there, and he's going back. https://909cdb8a-ae70-4094-9bf8-6213...62d225ad0e.pdf
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

  4. #4
    Site Supporter rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    FWIW, this is my A/O-ish, or was, and I've never met or heard of any of those EDC guys. But, I would defer to Tim as well and worry not a lot about the "host". particularly if Tim has dealt with them before.

    If the range is this one, I would also vouch for all involved there as well. The owner, in particular, is a Grade A good dude.
    https://shoothtc.com/
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

  5. #5
    Site Supporter RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since Tim is a class act, I would rely on his selection of the host as a sufficient recommendation.
    Yeah, agreed; however, the organizer for the last class I signed up for with Tim that was to be held this past February cancelled the class with no reason provided. I just kinda wanted a second opinion this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I don't know anything about EDC other than what I've read in some AAR's. I like that he wrote an actual negative review for a class. That's rare. Also, to add to GJM's comment, Herron taught an EDC-hosted class a few months ago, so he knows what he's getting into there, and he's going back. https://909cdb8a-ae70-4094-9bf8-6213...62d225ad0e.pdf
    That's a good AAR, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

    If the range is this one, I would also vouch for all involved there as well. The owner, in particular, is a Grade A good dude.
    https://shoothtc.com/
    It is.

  6. #6
    Site Supporter RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Signed up for the class and paid my deposit, so I am all set. Appreciate the inputs, all.

  7. #7
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa area, Florida
    Karim, the host, is good people. He has attended my instructor development course as well as many others, and was an AI at a later class for me. Good Dude.

  8. #8
    Site Supporter RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Thank you Tom, I am indeed working with Karim for this class with Tim next year. Appreciate the info.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •