Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: RFI: Every Day Carry Pistol Training, Homestead FL

  1. #1
    Where's the dot? RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Venice Florida

    RFI: Every Day Carry Pistol Training, Homestead FL

    Tim Herron is offering a 2-day Practical Performance (USPSA-centered) class March 2022, near Homestead FL.

    The class is hosted by EDC Pistol Training:

    https://www.edcpistoltraining.com/

    I'm familiar with Tim's class based on reviews and AARs, but I am curious if anyone has any feedback on the class host. I don't have any specific concerns, just trying to do my due diligence before forking out for a deposit.

    Thanks.
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson. USPSA#92555

  2. #2
    Since Tim is a class act, I would rely on his selection of the host as a sufficient recommendation.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  3. #3
    Unreconstructed Moylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    NC
    I don't know anything about EDC other than what I've read in some AAR's. I like that he wrote an actual negative review for a class. That's rare. Also, to add to GJM's comment, Herron taught an EDC-hosted class a few months ago, so he knows what he's getting into there, and he's going back. https://909cdb8a-ae70-4094-9bf8-6213...62d225ad0e.pdf
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

  4. #4
    Site Supporter rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    FWIW, this is my A/O-ish, or was, and I've never met or heard of any of those EDC guys. But, I would defer to Tim as well and worry not a lot about the "host". particularly if Tim has dealt with them before.

    If the range is this one, I would also vouch for all involved there as well. The owner, in particular, is a Grade A good dude.
    https://shoothtc.com/
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

  5. #5
    Where's the dot? RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Venice Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since Tim is a class act, I would rely on his selection of the host as a sufficient recommendation.
    Yeah, agreed; however, the organizer for the last class I signed up for with Tim that was to be held this past February cancelled the class with no reason provided. I just kinda wanted a second opinion this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I don't know anything about EDC other than what I've read in some AAR's. I like that he wrote an actual negative review for a class. That's rare. Also, to add to GJM's comment, Herron taught an EDC-hosted class a few months ago, so he knows what he's getting into there, and he's going back. https://909cdb8a-ae70-4094-9bf8-6213...62d225ad0e.pdf
    That's a good AAR, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

    If the range is this one, I would also vouch for all involved there as well. The owner, in particular, is a Grade A good dude.
    https://shoothtc.com/
    It is.
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson. USPSA#92555

  6. #6
    Where's the dot? RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Venice Florida
    Signed up for the class and paid my deposit, so I am all set. Appreciate the inputs, all.
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson. USPSA#92555

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •