Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Why Carry a 1911? Gun Guys

Thus you see my internal dilemma…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    After the last IDPA match, where I shot my SW 1911Sc Commander - I drove about 140 miles and carried it all day under a shoot me vest with two extra mags. Holster was a Galco belt quick slide OWB that they don't make anymore and Blade Tech, 2 mag pouches. It was doable. Nobody screamed in terror in the supermarket where I shopped. It was big but comfortable. I wouldn't make it my first choice ( that's a G26).

BTW, I've just read that 1.2 million 9mm HiPoints have been sold. Should you carry it AIWB? Haha.

I managed to go to Costco to get Henry the Happy Hound more puppy chow, the bank and other places, all with an old Colt and not die.

I did not even feel poorly armed, for a boomer.

Truth be told, I would have grabbed a G17 or 19 but both were locked in the safe, and this was out, so I grabbed it. Frankly (for me) using a Glock or a 1911 is not really going to make any real world difference, so I grabbed what was available and went to town.

Henry is happy.

User Tag List