Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Why Carry a 1911? Gun Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    There's no pistol sexier than a High Power.
    Right up there with the Sig P210 and the HK Squeezer
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Right up there with the Sig P210 and the HK Squeezer
    No disagreement-I've owned all three, but the one that has remained a constant in my inventory is the High Power....(The P210-6 went to a great cause, funding my honeymoon, and the P7 PSP I had went to a friend who wanted it much more than I, and he's enjoying it to this day, and I've had no seller's remorse).

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Off-topic but on topic. Those of you that are carrying 1911's how are you carrying and in what holster? I have always used an older Keepers but it's the one Keepers that doesn't conceal the best for me. I had an SME for a while and should have kept it. It's probably the most comfortable holster I've ever used.
    my daily carry is ugly, wide and does not conceal well.

This morning when I went to get breakfast, a customer yelled 1911! It brought a smile to my face.

This holster looks hardly used as my previous holster was beat to hell and retention seemed thin.... so I will no longer use it.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Off-topic but on topic. Those of you that are carrying 1911's how are you carrying and in what holster? I have always used an older Keepers but it's the one Keepers that doesn't conceal the best for me. I had an SME for a while and should have kept it. It's probably the most comfortable holster I've ever used.
    Jmck is the holster that works best for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Great pic. Man! What a perfect place for S - 7 steel (shock resistant). Do you happen to know how many hammer-falls that took?

Cat
    The round count on the gun was 41,833 when I noticed it was broken, Lord knows how many dry fires as I don't log them, but it was a lot.

Not a 1911. But this new Jmck owb is pretty slick for the Shield plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kramer scabbard for OWB use.
    Currently using an Andrews McDaniel II for IWB. Contemplating trying a Sparks SSII. I have a Convertible holster on order for my son, which I will check out and may get more.
    https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...ancake-owb-iwb

Interestingly, Safariland ALS holsters for the 1911 do not work nearly as well for me as ones for Glocks or my P250. I have had to add Nub Mod to make them usable.
    https://store.otdefense.com/collections/nub-mods
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    The round count on the gun was 41,833 when I noticed it was broken, Lord knows how many dry fires as I don't log them, but it was a lot.

That's a couple, thanks.

Cat

I’ve been told a .45 Super built by Ace Hindeman (?) has shown up at a semi-local shop. I have minimal interest in shooting it as a Super (maybe a mag or 2 just to say I did) but from what I’ve read, just a spring change will have it ready for plain old ACP.

Should I at least try and go look at it or is it something I should leave to someone who’d appreciate it as it sits?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I’m gonna vote to leave it for someone to appreciate as is. Ace and his guns seem like the spiritual home of the Super, and while I’d imagine the difference between standard pressure .45 and the Super to be able to be resolved with just a recoil spring, that gun seems like it would best suit a Super fan.

On the other hand, buy it and do whatever you want with it- better a gun get modified and then used, than to sit in an unfired condition.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List