Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Carry a 1911? Gun Guys

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    .41 Action Express for the weird hippster win.
    Does anyone make ammunition for that anymore?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Does anyone make ammunition for that anymore?
    I don't know. I was surprised to learn someone still makes .44 Automag, so you never know.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    With an Uzi chambered in same.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

My friend Rick Miller has a .41AE kit for a P-35. The importer (Action Arms, I think) sent it to him for a T&E and told him just to keep it.

The P-35's ejector had to be shortened about 1/8". It still worked fine with 9mm.

The .41AE had a proprietary magazine.

I mainly recall that we made a real effort to find all the spent brass.

He also has a 1911 conversion kit for some cartridge that is essentially a .45ACP necked down to .41. I can't recall the name. It was some J.D. Jones idea. To get the full benefit, you had to use .308 brass...cut down, formed, and reamed. This allowed for some pressures that would have been a bit risky with the thinner casehead of a regular .45 case.

Rosco

Site Supporter
    So in this argument, I've seeing another one elsewhere, where a guy is promoting open carry of a cap and ball revolver because he cannot hit a target with a 1911 at ten yards. When pointed out that such a gun and OC is not an optimal choice, the outrage of some BP folks is rather funny.

I've load up a set of magazines for my 1911 for the next IDPA - now that is going to be expensive!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So in this argument, I've seeing another one elsewhere, where a guy is promoting open carry of a cap and ball revolver because
    ..he's a felon and can't get a permit so is relegated to BP?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

So in this argument, I've seeing another one elsewhere, where a guy is promoting open carry of a cap and ball revolver because he cannot hit a target with a 1911 at ten yards. When pointed out that such a gun and OC is not an optimal choice, the outrage of some BP folks is rather funny.

I've load up a set of magazines for my 1911 for the next IDPA - now that is going to be expensive!
    Tools v. Talismans
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

So in this argument, I've seeing another one elsewhere, where a guy is promoting open carry of a cap and ball revolver because ....
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ..he's a felon and can't get a permit so is relegated to BP?
    Last time I checked, felons were prohibited from possessing explosives which includes (wait for it) black powder. So if they're not using Pyrodex or Triple-7, it's still a felony. Or so I think.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Last time I checked, felons were prohibited from possessing explosives which includes (wait for it) black powder. So if they're not using Pyrodex or Triple-7, it's still a felony. Or so I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 USC 845(a)(5)
    (a)Except in the case of subsection (l), (m), (n), or (o) of section 842 and subsections (d), (e), (f), (g), (h), and (i) of section 844 of this title, this chapter shall not apply to:

(5)commercially manufactured black powder in quantities not to exceed fifty pounds, percussion caps, safety and pyrotechnic fuses, quills, quick and slow matches, and friction primers, intended to be used solely for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes in antique firearms as defined in section 921(a)(16) of title 18 of the United States Code, or in antique devices as exempted from the term “destructive device” in section 921(a)(4) of title 18 of the United States Code;
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

50 lbs? That'd blow up quite a few pressure cookers. Or so I believe.

User Tag List