Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    100%.

DW Custom Lightweight Commander.

At the other end of the spectrum:

Name:  0FDB51F0-A678-429F-8354-1DC328A67B69.jpeg
Views: 678
Size:  29.7 KB

Auto-Ordnance 1911 with an Ed Brown barrel and a SFS mod.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Somewhere in the middle of the spectrum :

Springfield Range Officer elite champion 9mm.
    Name:  20210516_102754.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  72.2 KB

Started carrying my parkerized RO in August of last year.
    This Elite has been my EDC since December.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thread drift, but I also experience pre-ignition push with very crisp triggers. I do much better with a rolling break - just a personal issue. That said, I've been told that a good gunsmith can set up a 1911 trigger to "roll" a bit.

Same here.

@GJM just finished a match where he and his better half somehow got into a Single Stack local supersquad. He called me after to discuss. The connection was terrible but I think he was asking what 1911 one would carry. Or maybe he asked why would one carry a 1911, not sure..
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Lightweight Commander top left. Ed Brown custom built to my specs bottom right. Others are DW Valors I modified to my specs. I like consistency.

Lightweight Commander top left. Ed Brown custom built to my specs bottom right. Others are DW Valors I modified to my specs. I like consistency.

Me too.

My LW champion and my loaded are set up nearly identical.

Harrison short smooth triggers, u notch rear sight, bulletproof thumb safety, extended mag release, FBFP stop, extractor, S&A MSH, tool steel fire control parts, and thinner than normal fully checkered grips that still support the plunger tube.

The loaded has colt dual recoil springs, and the champion has Wilson flatware recoil spring

Name:  IMG_20210712_224708.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  37.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    @GJM just finished a match where he and his better half somehow got into a Single Stack local supersquad. He called me after to discuss. The connection was terrible but I think he was asking what 1911 one would carry. Or maybe he asked why would one carry a 1911, not sure..
    Wilson is the only answer or Bill will cancel their relationship
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Me too.

My LW champion and my loaded are set up nearly identical.

Harrison short smooth triggers, u notch rear sight, bulletproof thumb safety, extended mag release, FBFP stop, extractor, S&A MSH, tool steel fire control parts, and thinner than normal fully checkered grips that still support the plunger tube.

The loaded has colt dual recoil springs, and the champion has Wilson flatware recoil spring
    Harrison Short Trigger & 10-8 short triggers (however Hilton no longer appears to be making short triggers), Big Thumbs up. 10-8 U-notch rear sight .156 notch. I really like the standard thickness VZ Aliens. On the Valors that I modified I removed the slim grip bushings and installed the standard bushings. All four of those pistols pictured are sporting Ed Brown Arched MSHs. The stainless Valor has a Wilson bulletproof extractor, ejector and FPS.

The black Valor (top right) has tens of thousands of rounds through it and has zero gun related malfunctions. The bore gets cleaned with bullets. I wipe down the rails and add oil before a monthly clinic or class and otherwise it gets detail stripped and cleaned once a year.

I tried the Wilson flat wire springs. I got 2 of the kits that includes the spring & guide rod. I wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad in any way it just didn't do anything for me. Being a guy who likes the insurance of frequently swapping out the recoil spring I was uncomfortable leaving it in for ... how long? I'll stick to regular replacements. Oh, the Glock like noises emanating from a 1911 with a FWS, nah didn't care for that either. FYI. I had a conversation with Ken Hackathorn specifically addressing the Wilson Flat Wire 1911 recoil springs. Ken said as I surmised that they add zero benefit to a full sized 1911.

Harrison Short Trigger & 10-8 short triggers (however Hilton no longer appears to be making short triggers), Big Thumbs up. 10-8 U-notch rear sight .156 notch. I really like the standard thickness VZ Aliens. On the Valors that I modified I removed the slim grip bushings and installed the standard bushings. All four of those pistols pictured are sporting Ed Brown Arched MSHs. The stainless Valor has a Wilson bulletproof extractor, ejector and FPS.

The black Valor (top right) has tens of thousands of rounds through it and has zero gun related malfunctions. The bore gets cleaned with bullets. I wipe down the rails and add oil before a monthly clinic or class and otherwise it gets detail stripped and cleaned once a year.

I tried the Wilson flat wire springs. I got 2 of the kits that includes the spring & guide rod. I wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad in any way it just didn't do anything for me. Being a guy who likes the insurance of frequently swapping out the recoil spring I was uncomfortable leaving it in for ... how long? I'll stick to regular replacements. Oh, the Glock like noises emanating from a 1911 with a FWS, nah didn't care for that either. FYI. I had a conversation with Ken Hackathorn specifically addressing the Wilson Flat Wire 1911 recoil springs. Ken said as I surmised that they add zero benefit to a full sized 1911.
    I had a flatwire in my loaded for a while. Untill it broke in 2 places. The champion setup is better than the factory dual springs I think. Plus it should last a lot longer

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If this happens @GJM should at least post up some photos in the coterie so we can see it before theJanitor gets it. And of anybody on here he’s definitely the steward of the classic custom 1911’s.
    I second this!

User Tag List