Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: First Person Safety podcast

@jlw- the podcast is just fantastic and I'm thankful for all the history you're helping to preserve. Can't wait for the next one.

Podcast Link if you prefer audio. We are on the major podcast platforms.

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Student
    Tom Givens Answers My Incessant Questions

Primed with John Murphy

Just Enough Cecil Burch

If you guys wish to monetarily support Mr. Weem's endeavors, please follow the anchor.fm link in the video descriptions.

Site Supporter
    The last one shows as downloaded on my iPhone but when I try to play it I get a "temporarily unavailable" message. It happened every time I've tried since it downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The last one shows as downloaded on my iPhone but when I try to play it I get a "temporarily unavailable" message. It happened every time I've tried since it downloaded.
    There is some problem with the feed. If you go directly to Anchor or Spotify, it should play.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Some notes from her website on this last conversation.
    Changing the stories you tell yourself, part 2
    (February 23, 2022)

Just listened to All the HiTS while cooking and loved it.

An older buddy is very anti-computer/internet so I've been burning him mixtapes on CD and USB to play in his car. This will be going on his next refill along with the P&S shotgun episode.

Thanks for all the chatter about the old ways an assessment speed shooting. He works seven day weeks and making it to distant training isn't going to happen plus the cumulative effect of decades of outdoor construction work. Dialing down to lower round count stuff and noting spit times that are realistic for him to aim for has notably improved his pistol shooting. Coming from a background of silhouette and bullseye, the accuracy focus in small targets that the types of guys in this episode espouse really catches his attention and gets him to listen. And cortchety or humorous old cop stories keep his attention in a longer format he usually avoids. So thanks for helping out a friend.

The Annette Evans episode, though a departure from the wonderful history of how we got here theme, was outstanding in its own right.

User Tag List