Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I was on the Beretta 92X train for a while, but I kept having failures with factory magazines on the clock. It was a very soft-shooting pistol when it fed.
    How about with Mec-Gars?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    How about with Mec-Gars?
    Never tried. All my mags were stamped Made in Italy, so they may have been OEM Mec-Gar.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

OEM Beretta magazines are not made by MecGar.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Damn, this thread is making my life difficult. Despite having set myself to this being 'The Year of the 1911', after handling a 92X a while back, its siren song has been strong. Then I went and looked at LTT website and realized that I could spend a lot of money very quickly if I wasn't careful.
    Well, I succumbed to the song. Found a 'used' 92x Centurion at Cabelas for a killer price, and after using my rewards points, took it home for a smidge over $400. This thing had barely any rounds through it, if any.
    Do have a couple questions though.

1: These have chrome lined barrels dont they? I can't find anything definite on that.

2: user manual says recoil spring should be changed every (IIRC) 5000 rounds, what is the standard factory weight spring? And any benefit to other weights.

3: I see people putting "D" springs I their guns, what is the benefit to that?

4: came with three factory mags, what's the current recommendation for mags? I see someone was having issues with mag reliability.

5. Any downside to the OEM low profile hammer?

Well, I succumbed to the song. Found a 'used' 92x Centurion at Cabelas for a killer price, and after using my rewards points, took it home for a smidge over $400. This thing had barely any rounds through it, if any.
    Do have a couple questions though.

1: These have chrome lined barrels dont they? I can't find anything definite on that.

Some of the 92 barrels are black coated stainless.

2: user manual says recoil spring should be changed every (IIRC) 5000 rounds, what is the standard factory weight spring? And any benefit to other weights.

13# is standard for a 92; believe Compact/Centurion recommends 14#. Some like different weights for sight tracking purposes. YMMV.

3: I see people putting "D" springs I their guns, what is the benefit to that?

It reduces the trigger pull weight compared to the original 20# trigger spring found on the 92/M9. The 92X should come with a D spring already installed.

4: came with three factory mags, what's the current recommendation for mags? I see someone was having issues with mag reliability.

Mec-Gar 18 round magazines are the way to go.

5. Any downside to the OEM low profile hammer?

Possibly if you are further reducing the hammer spring weight, depending on chosen ammunition. Maybe.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Some of the 92 barrels are black coated stainless
    Any way to tell? Or any idea if the 92x line specifically has the black stainless, or if chrome is standard?

Thanks for the info.

Any way to tell? Or any idea if the 92x line specifically has the black stainless, or if chrome is standard?

Thanks for the info.
    Here's an authoritative answer...

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The 92X has a carbon steel barrel and is chrome-lined, but it is not cold hammer forged. It does have a different crown (target crown) than normal 92 and 92A1s would have.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Here's an authoritative answer...
    Nice! Thank you. I doubt I will be able to shoot enough for it to matter either way, but still a neat feature of Beretta guns that I always found appealing.

Thanks for the info.
    The black coated stainless barrels actually say “stainless” on top of the barrel. My regular full size 92X had a black stainless barrel however the 92X RDO full size I just bought to replace it does not have a stainless barrel.

Any feedback on the 22lr conversion kits? Any compatibility issues with 92X/Centurion frames?
    How's the reliability been for folks who run them?
    Value versus the M9-22 pistols?

User Tag List