Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

The cheap wrap around grips were fantastic. Gonna just sell those FDE LOKs, they look great though!

Shooting the 115gr is another factor in how snappy this thing seems to me. I have, for all intents, not shot 115gr in 10 years. It has been mostly 147gr and then recently 124gr. I know those rounds are generally smoother to shoot than 115gr.

This might be the best 25 yard group I have ever shot. Its was with cheap Herters 115gr, brass cased ammo. I knew from my previous session I was shooting a touch left at 25 yards but I made no adjustments. Kinda wish I did!

I could not match this group with the STI and same ammo. I think my current .100 front sight and .150 notch are not lending themselves to a consistent sight picture for me at 25 yards for the STI.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'm not sure how much difference the guide rod will make in a Centurion, because mine both came with steel rods from the factory. The difference it makes in the Full Size is minor but noticeable. I suspect a 92X Centurion will be a bit snappier to shoot than a Full Size regardless of the guide rod. I swapped the one out in my Full Size just because I prefer a metal guide rod over plastic.

I like the factory grips on the 92X, they are plenty grippy for me.
    I'm a knucklehead. Just cleaned the 92X C and it has a factory steel rod.

I have this super slick 135gr subsonic ammo that I bet will transform this thing into a very smooth operator. That ammo is mostly set aside for suppressors but I need to run some just for grins in the 92X.

Does anyone have a slide that has these marks on the interior? They feel smooth when I run my finger over them
    But look sloppy on a $1,300 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    Does anyone have a slide that has these marks on the interior? They feel smooth when I run my finger over them.
    But look sloppy on a $1,300 pistol.
    My 92X is exactly like that too, although it's made in Tennessee and costs $800. Obviously they machine from a cast blank.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    My 92X is exactly like that too, although it's made in Tennessee and costs $800. Obviously they machine from a cast blank.
    The regular 92FS I bought recently also Italian made like the 92X Performance didn’t have these marks and was perfect. Paid $600 for the 92FS and twice that for the 92X Performance.

92X full sized

Big fan of the upgrades Beretta put into the 92X, from the stock sights to the all metal trigger. I put the Hogue G10 wraparounds on mine, and it somehow even feels better than my 92FS. The finish from Gallatin was fine, equal to my Accokeek 92FS. Name:  606FD9BA-C55F-4C1B-A4EA-9BF313D007D9.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  65.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    Big fan of the upgrades Beretta put into the 92X, from the stock sights to the all metal trigger. I put the Hogue G10 wraparounds on mine, and it somehow even feels better than my 92FS. The finish from Gallatin was fine, equal to my Accokeek 92FS. Name:  606FD9BA-C55F-4C1B-A4EA-9BF313D007D9.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  65.2 KB

Damn, this thread is making my life difficult. Despite having set myself to this being 'The Year of the 1911', after handling a 92X a while back, its siren song has been strong. Then I went and looked at LTT website and realized that I could spend a lot of money very quickly if I wasn't careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I am a 1911 guy, have been for years.
    Are you running the standard Vertec panels or did you install the wrap around that makes it feel like a regular 92? I went Vertec because 1911-style grip and chubby palms/short fingers but I'm wondering if I should put in the work to shoot it well with both sets of panels because I'm a fan of the 92 and would like to standardize on it as my primary DA/SA platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Damn, this thread is making my life difficult. Despite having set myself to this being 'The Year of the 1911', after handling a 92X a while back, its siren song has been strong. Then I went and looked at LTT website and realized that I could spend a lot of money very quickly if I wasn't careful.
    I expanded my "focus on the 1911" plan to "focus on the 1911-style grip". That way I can shoot my 22/45, High Standard (106 Military Grip) and 92X guilt free!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are you running the standard Vertec panels or did you install the wrap around that makes it feel like a regular 92? I went Vertec because 1911-style grip and chubby palms/short fingers but I'm wondering if I should put in the work to shoot it well with both sets of panels because I'm a fan of the 92 and would like to standardize on it as my primary DA/SA platform.
    I was using the Vertec-style panels. My Beretta experiment may be winding down here soon, but I can tell you I quickly came to the conclusion that the Vertec-style panels work much better for me.

I've become a fan of the 92 as well, especially with the 92X series. But it's looking more likely that Glocks and 1911s will be my pistols of choice.

I was on the Beretta 92X train for a while, but I kept having failures with factory magazines on the clock. It was a very soft-shooting pistol when it fed.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List