Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

My M9A3 came w/ the rubber wrap around grip which I installed 1/2 through my first range trip. But they are kind of soft so I still like the traditional grip better. Then came the G10 wrap around grip. This is fantastic for me and I think the black ones look OK on the tan gun
    20191112_160804 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    This shows the difference.
    20200210_135430 by craig stuard, on Flickr

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’m willing to bet I have 20+ year old magazines that will fit and function in so called “Staccatos”.
    What’s more important is that the improved Gen 2/3 stacatto magazine will fit and improve function in you 20+ year old STI.

What comprises a Gen 3 Staccato magazine? It hasn't been long since I bought Gen 2 and thought them a large improvement over Gen 1 and less expensive than MBX.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I got a plain 92X yesterday. I wanted 92X Performance at first, but I became concerned that it was too good and would not teach me anything. I still hate the slide safety but I have the G kit on order and as long as I don't have to disengage it on the draw stroke it's all good.

Oddly enough, the gun comes with 10-round magazines only.

I realize that all the USPSA guys want the grips that extend down, which is why 2011s are like that, but I prefer the straight grip. I had it on the SIG too.

Name:  b92sm.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  84.0 KB

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    My M9A3 came w/ the rubber wrap around grip which I installed 1/2 through my first range trip. But they are kind of soft so I still like the traditional grip better. Then came the G10 wrap around grip. This is fantastic for me and I think the black ones look OK on the tan gun
    20191112_160804 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    This shows the difference.
    20200210_135430 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    If that G10 grip had been available a few years earlier I never would have parted with my M9A3. I could not get on with either the Vertec or squish rubber over Grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    If that G10 grip had been available a few years earlier I never would have parted with my M9A3. I could not get on with either the Vertec or squish rubber over Grip.
    Have to agree. i too had an M9a3 that I sold.

I hope they make something like this for the 92x Performance. I'm not vey fond of the rubber grip that came with my 92xP

Then came the G10 wrap around grip. This is fantastic for me and I think the black ones look OK on the tan gun
    Do you mean this grip?
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a...ertec/eu00083/

I am confused, would this linked grip fit on a Centurion frame? It says it fits 92X Full Size specifically but says nothing about the Centurion. Sorry, probably a noob question. Disregard. I get it now. I am going to stick with the below grips for a while.

If yes, does it buy me anything more than the wraparound grip, 1-piece, that came with my 92X? Its very grippy...and cheap.
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/ud5a1691
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 07-27-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Ray, yes that is the grip I have. Since a Centurion has a shorter barrel and slide, but a standard length grip, it should be perfect. I have seen others mention the grips you linked from Midwest but have not tried them myself. So I can't compare them. Over the last 2 years I have really gravitated to G10 for grips but, at the price of the grips you linked, I would certainly give them a try.

Hammertime
    Ray, yes that is the grip I have. Since a Centurion has a shorter barrel and slide, but a standard length grip, it should be perfect. I have seen others mention the grips you linked from Midwest but have not tried them myself. So I can't compare them. Over the last 2 years I have really gravitated to G10 for grips but, at the price of the grips you linked, I would certainly give them a try.
    The plastic wrap around grips are great. Especially at the price, but I prefer the G10. Is it worth twice as much....probably not.

Somewhere on PF, I think in the 92X DAO thread I posted comparison photos and some impressions.

Found it! Post #250

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1140952

Has anyone seen a set of the OEM plastic wraparounds for the compact? I have a set of the full-size on my 92DXR and really like them.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List