Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

Thanks CSW for your quick response. If you will allow me one more question. I have a Beretta M9 commercial with the curved backstrap. I also prefer my 1911s with a curved backstrap too. How do you like the straight backstrap on the 92X? Seems like the straight backstrap is what's playing these days with Beretta. Not sure how I would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Thanks CSW for your quick response. If you will allow me one more question. I have a Beretta M9 commercial with the curved backstrap. I also prefer my 1911s with a curved backstrap too. How do you like the straight backstrap on the 92X? Seems like the straight backstrap is what's playing these days with Beretta. Not sure how I would like it.
    The 92X actually comes with both :
    A straight, more 1911 ish rake, and the set that are traditionally Beretta's style. Both supplied grips are very thin, and have stippling very close to the M&p 2.0.

I prefer the 1911 style straight grip of the X, which I first experienced with Vertec years ago.
    The straight grip, and the Veloce grips, combined with checkered front and backstrap make it a very shootable platform.
    Granted, a touch large to conceal, but can be done with a JM CUSTOM holster.

It's my I-talian Staccato.

If you were in NH, I would just have you shoot it.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

And now these from Lok: [wrap around for 92x & Vertec (not Performance)]

https://lokgrips.com/beretta/beretta...ce-wraparound/

I’ve managed to overthink myself into confusion. You’d think I’d be used to it by now but I digress…

For a right handed shooter, do you want the palm swell on the right panel for SHO or on the left panel for two handed shooting which is how I primarily shoot?

I know they offer a “both” option but I’m afraid that will make the grip too big. I’ve got some hockey tape on the way so I can experiment before deciding but I figured it doesn’t hurt to get the collective opinion.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’ve managed to overthink myself into confusion. You’d think I’d be used to it by now but I digress…

For a right handed shooter, do you want the palm swell on the right panel for SHO or on the left panel for two handed shooting which is how I primarily shoot?

I know they offer a “both” option but I’m afraid that will make the grip too big. I’ve got some hockey tape on the way so I can experiment before deciding but I figured it doesn’t hurt to get the collective opinion.
    I believe that the palmswell was traditionally on the grip panel that laid against the dominant hand, the purpose ostensibly being to "fill up" the natural hollow of the palm. Now that relatively few people do much one-handed shooting, one can find about any opinion under the sun on them.

You are correct in that opting for "both" MIGHT make the total grip width too large for your hand(s).

I suspect that if I got a wraparound grip that had a right swell and a left thumbrest, I would find a 92X RDO to be one fine nine for shooting in the "old-fashioned way."
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    It's my I-talian Staccato.
    I'm a long time 1911 shooter, and I often enviously eye-ball Staccatos, but with everything considered, cost of the gun, mag cost and potential issues, and how "non-standard 1911" the Staccato's are for holsters, the 92X probably would be my "Staccato-ish" choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'm a long time 1911 shooter, and I often enviously eye-ball Staccatos, but with everything considered, cost of the gun, mag cost and potential issues, and how "non-standard 1911" the Staccato's are for holsters, the 92X probably would be my "Staccato-ish" choice.
    The way I approached it was similar to the thread on PF about building an M&P to the same capability.

The LTT trigger work is stellar, 18 round factory magazines with 20's available, and an RDO after Langdon magic.
    All this in a 4" bbl gun, similar in length to the new Springfield offering.
    And TDA to boot.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Is there much size difference between the 92x Centurion and the 92x Compact? On handgun hero, it appears that the difference is so minimal that it might not matter.

The compacts seem far and few between, and they are going for above MSRP according to a gun.deals search.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is there much size difference between the 92x Centurion and the 92x Compact? On handgun hero, it appears that the difference is so minimal that it might not matter.

The compacts seem far and few between, and they are going for above MSRP according to a gun.deals search.
    I find the grip length difference to be significant with regards to concealability. The compact magazine usually has a pinky rest, making the difference look less, but the printing occurs on the back side of the magazine.

This is a near 20 year old pic, but size wise nothing has changed.

Name:  IMG_0014.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  33.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I understand the engineering that went into this, but the price is a bit much.
    Eh, that price is in-line with the market. The block of material that gets machined into the grips is significantly larger on any wraparound style stock. That plus additional machine time and you land between $110-145 MSRP depending on color, texture, features (like medallions), etc on those. It's the same on the M9A3 G10s, and all the SIG P22_ G10 grips (which are a direct compare for manufacturing).
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

User Tag List