Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

I share much the same opinion of Beretta pistols, and in particular my new 92X Performance. This gun has the most exceptional trigger of ANY out of the box gun I have ever owned, including all of my CZ's. And that's saying a lot. I dumped the cheap, plastic grips for something a little jazzier. And swapped out the 15 round mag for a 20 round Mec-Gar. Runs like a champ!

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    It literally took forever to get the plate from Beretta. I finally just purchased a Burris plate because I came across a FF3 for cheap....The day I recieved it, they shipped my free Trijicon plate.
    Do you know if Beretta's Trijicon plate would happen to take a Holosun 507c?
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I honestly don't know, but if holosun is the same footprint...
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    It is my understanding and experience that the LTT RDO setup for the RMR will support the 507c that I put on it.

Not sure what the Beretta plate does, but I would expect it to be comparable

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. I was hedging my bets on which "free" plate from Beretta I should select, and it looks like whatever fits an RMR will fit a 507c... one of which I may be able to score on the cheap.
    gn

GN:

Pm me.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I finally got to see one at the store today, the DA-SA-SA with proper thumb safety.
    Pro: Good thumb safety and slide stop. Trigger decent but not the equal of the SIG-ZEV I mentioned in the other thread.
    Con: Weighs a ton.

Vertec straight grip, your call.

The store/range is having a Beretta demonstration day tomorrow. I hope they have one available to shoot. I also want to see what everybody is talking about on the PX4.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Con: Weighs a ton
    I guess it does, by today's standards. Even with that light rail, it isn't much different in weight than most WWII bringback 9x19 battle pistols. It's even in the neighborhood of a Combat Masterpiece... or the 1851 Navy. Not bad company to be in.

My 92X RDO Full Size goes 2 lb, .5 oz (2 lb, 4.7 oz with a TLR-1 HL). By way of comparison, my pet 9mm SA 5" RO Operator 1911 is 2 lb, 9.8 oz (2 lb, 14 oz with a TLR-1 HL). They certainly aren't pocket pistols, but they are both pleasant to shoot and eminently controllable. I am still vetting this 92X, but so far, so good; it is without a doubt the 92 "package" I had looked for but never found.

BTW, I just noticed that most - or all - of the non-RDO 92X pistols are now "Legacy Models" (i.e., discontinued), along with the Nanos, pre-A1 APX's, etc. Beretta is going through the SKU's with pruning shears. It is probably a smart move, if quasi-Fudds like myself have no issues using an optics-ready pistol without an optic; I like having the option, just as I like having a rail available for a weaponlight if I need one.
    gn

The 92X Performance I looked at has a catalog weight of 47.6 oz, near as dammit to three pounds, much heavier than any of my service type handguns and about right for the .44 Magnum I shot IHMSA with.
    I know the trend is to heavy guns for things like USPSA but I am not keeping up with it.

I am preparing to go to the Beretta range day and will shoot one if they have it out.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The 92X Performance I looked at has a catalog weight of 47.6 oz, near as dammit to three pounds, much heavier than any of my service type handguns and about right for the .44 Magnum I shot IHMSA with.
    I know the trend is to heavy guns for things like USPSA but I am not keeping up with it.

I am preparing to go to the Beretta range day and will shoot one if they have it out.
    Ah! My mistake... the Performance model does tip the scales farther.
    gn

User Tag List