Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Well...the front sight of my 92x compact is .140" in height. Not sure how tall the rear is, but the gun shoots low...more of a "drive the dot" sight picture, which I dislike.
    A little bit of the dovetail is available to measure on my 92X, and the front seems like .220 and the rear is .300. This seems bogus. I used the tail of the calipers and kept it as square as possible. I suppose the rear could be .290, which is what WC website says. But the front is nowhere near .140, unless one measures against the top of the slide, not from the bottom of the dovetail.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    A little bit of the dovetail is available to measure on my 92X, and the front seems like .220 and the rear is .300. This seems bogus. I used the tail of the calipers and kept it as square as possible. I suppose the rear could be .290, which is what WC website says. But the front is nowhere near .140, unless one measures against the top of the slide, not from the bottom of the dovetail.
    Aha yeah I measured top of the sight to the top of the sight base.

Is one supposed to measure from the top of the blade to the bottom of the dovetail?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I just measured a Dawson front sight that is not on a gun. To match the specified height I measured just the part of the sight that sticks up above the dovetail.
    Name:  Measure sight.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  20.4 KB

Beretta are you reading???? The current sight situation is laughable. Every 92 needs to, at the least, have the same dovetail. At best, they should also all have the same heights front and rear. And then there could be different heights available to adjust POI to individual preferences. And maybe go a little further, how about making all Beretta pistols (except the .22s) have the same sights? Think how many more manufacturers would make sights for Berettas if they only had to make one size dovetail and maybe three heights.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Beretta are you reading???? The current sight situation is laughable. Every 92 needs to, at the least, have the same dovetail. At best, they should also all have the same heights front and rear. And then there could be different heights available to adjust POI to individual preferences. And maybe go a little further, how about making all Beretta pistols (except the .22s) have the same sights? Think how many more manufacturers would make sights for Berettas if they only had to make one size dovetail and maybe three heights.
    Been wanting this for years. They can be a bit tone def.

On my full size X, I purchased the Wilson 290/140 set, with the rear U notch, and have not had a single problem.
    They hit to POA at 25, and at close distance, I drive the dot without issue.
    My Centurion X was going to accept the same sights until I decided to go to the LTT optics cuts.
    I've used Dawson on other guns, and found the finish to be thin and prone to bloom or rust, but that may just be my caustic sweat..... But no rust on the Williams I had on my m&p2.0, nor any rust on the 10-8 rear in the 1911 I've been carrying for 3 years now.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I am finally going to pick up a 92X RDO for a nightstand/bedside/household pistol tomorrow. The fit and finish is "meh," but it seems close enough to the equivalent of my pet Accokeek PX4 Subcompact, and I have managed to live with that.

It just seems like the easy button for getting a hammer-fired, full-sized 9x19 pistol that can be decocked, and which comes with a light rail and relatively painless - if not necessarily ideal - optic mounting. Contrary to my hopeful prediction, while I was inspecting the pistol, the straight "vertec" backstrap does indeed instinctively point low for me, so I will probably install the wraparound grip despite not particularly wanting to.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    It just seems like the easy button for getting a hammer-fired, full-sized 9x19 pistol that can be decocked, and which comes with a light rail and relatively painless - if not necessarily ideal - optic mounting.
    Hmm... after some initial searching, maybe a leather OWB holster - no kydex for the kitty - for a 92X does not have an easy button.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

...Contrary to my hopeful prediction, while I was inspecting the pistol, the straight "vertec" backstrap does indeed instinctively point low for me, so I will probably install the wraparound grip despite not particularly wanting to.
    Yep my M9A3 did the same for me. If it were going to be my only 92 it would be no big deal to adjust to but it isn't. The rubber wrap grip I didn't like much so I sprung for the G10 version. That makes the gun feel just like a standard 92. If you picked up one and then immediately the other, and if you were looking for it, you 'might' notice a difference. Someone also has wrap grips in hard plastic I 'think' but I didn't find them in a quick search.

Hmm... after some initial searching, maybe a leather OWB holster - no kydex for the kitty - for a 92X does not have an easy button.
    @Tony Mayer makes an OWB for it, and an appendix. Just got the appendix for the full size. It'll accept the full size X and my Centurion X.

Name:  20220621_161651.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  38.7 KB

A safariland for the Vertec will work.

Want a legdrop Spectre gear? PM me.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List