Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Hmm... after some initial searching, maybe a leather OWB holster - no kydex for the kitty - for a 92X does not have an easy button.
    I think Palmetto Leather Works can accommodate that https://www.palmettoleather.com

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    The kid from Tennessee with the Italian accent has arrived. Testing will begin with the wraparound factory grip in place and TLR-1 HL installed. I won't get around to it for a while, but I will report back eventually (starting to wind up the the working years AND undergoing some other issues... just getting old can be scary).

The grip was a no-brainer: instinctive pointing is indeed FAR superior for me with the wraparound grip. YMMV, but for me it was not even close. The texture(s) = surprisingly "grippy."

TLR-1 HL fits fine- it sits just a wee bit forward for my tastes, but is manageable as-is. Work in progress.

With the light and a full magazine onboard, it is not a lightweight and should be pretty stable. Unlike my PX4's this will likely be left as an F style pistol (long story which I may put in the novel I probably won't write). Overall, nothing is giving me buyer's remorse yet, and the tool just seems much more appropriate for the nightstand/house role than what it will replace.

Now some vetting... and then more vetting.

Thanks to all who made holster suggestions. They are going to be part of my homework in the weeks to come.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

The kid from Tennessee with the Italian accent has arrived. Testing will begin with the wraparound factory grip in place and TLR-1 HL installed. I won't get around to it for a while, but I will report back eventually (starting to wind up the the working years AND undergoing some other issues... just getting old can be scary).

The grip was a no-brainer: instinctive pointing is indeed FAR superior for me with the wraparound grip. YMMV, but for me it was not even close. The texture(s) = surprisingly "grippy."

TLR-1 HL fits fine- it sits just a wee bit forward for my tastes, but is manageable as-is. Work in progress.

With the light and a full magazine onboard, it is not a lightweight and should be pretty stable. Unlike my PX4's this will likely be left as an F style pistol (long story which I may put in the novel I probably won't write). Overall, nothing is giving me buyer's remorse yet, and the tool just seems much more appropriate for the nightstand/house role than what it will replace.

Now some vetting... and then more vetting.

Thanks to all who made holster suggestions. They are going to be part of my homework in the weeks to come.
    Gato;

Which optics plate are you going to use, if any?

If you need a Burris plate, hit me up.
    It literally took forever to get the plate from Beretta. I finally just purchased a Burris plate because I came across a FF3 for cheap....The day I recieved it, they shipped my free Trijicon plate.

For those who had the sight questions, I found the boxes from Wilson yesterday, and can confirm:
    I used a .290 U notch rear. Standard factory replacement is .270.
    .140x125 red fiber front replaced the factory front sight. The .140 is .020 taller than the factory front, but the SET aim and hit to POA out to 25 yards. I chose .290 to match the .140 front.

Name:  20220702_131050.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  20220702_131034.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  37.1 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Which optics plate are you going to use, if any?
    Not sure yet. The longtime Aimpoint user in me wants to get an ACRO, but that is up in the air right now because there are some Holosuns in the area doing good work, and with no drama anyone admits to (it almost pains me to say that). The LGS apologetically told me that the plates take a while to show up from Beretta no matter what I do decide on... but what's time to an old, redundant cat anyway?

With the light mounted, the thing is already sizeable ("It's a virtual planetoid and it has it's own weather system!"), so I'm not overly concerned about finding the smallest optic available. Because it will be primarily a house and vehicle gun, it can grow to dang near crew-served weapon proportions without any trouble.

At least up to the point where I need a sling instead of a holster...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gn

Testing will begin with the wraparound factory grip in place and TLR-1 HL installed.
    Ooops, was your requirement for a leather holster with the light attached, too?

There are very few concealment leather holster for guns with mounted lights. There are leather duty type holsters for guns with mounted lights, but not many concealment models. For leather concealment holsters for guns with mounted lights, my usual recommendation is Pure Kustom, but I'm not sure if they cover the Beretta line-up.

Pure Kustom https://www.purekustom.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Ooops, was your requirement for a leather holster with the light attached, too?
    A leather rig would be more of a "contingency" thing for when I take it out and about without the light. My plan is to have it mostly stay in the house and occasionally in the vehicle, in which case the light would be attached.
    gn

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    To make the defense 92s even better relatively inexpensively;
    - LTT 13# hammer spring
    - skeleton hammer
    - DIY smooth and polish hammer strut, trigger bar
    - shoot Federal or CCI ammo or test other ammo for reliability
    To make them even better;
    - LTT trigger job in a bag in black
    I suggest black vs NP3 only because it is easy to get the SA trigger under 3# w/ the NP3 which I don't think is a good idea for a defense gun.
    LTT trigger bar is a *MUST* if one chooses to just polish things up yourself. I’ve done that for a few 92 A3G pistols and they turned out very nice.

Add a full LTT Trigger Job in the Bag and you’ll see the light, for sure!

I recently added a Beretta Extreme S trigger and LTT trigger bar and damnit to Hell if that’s not the second best DA trigger I’ve ever pressed (first is a Langdon LTT 92 Elite). The Double Action is 6 lbs. I’ll have to measure the Single Action. Everytime I take either to the range I draw from the holster, fire, de-cock and repeat. That’s how delicious the DA trigger pull is.

I do have NP3 trigger bars and I don’t *think* the SA is sub-3 lbs.

Superb platform.

Centurion

I think I want an LTT CENTURION. I like the recoil impulse; I like how quickly it cycles compared to the 92 Full Size and the Brigadier (had a WC BrigTac but sold it because I learned that I preferred the 92A1 lower as opposed to the Vertec).

Will be selling some other stuff to make room for the LTT Centurion.

I’m feeling that I cannot have enough of these…

Site Supporter

With the light mounted, the thing is already sizeable ("It's a virtual planetoid and it has it's own weather system!"), so I'm not overly concerned about finding the smallest optic available. Because it will be primarily a house and vehicle gun, it can grow to dang near crew-served weapon proportions without any trouble.
    You're gonna give that gun a complex! It's gonna cry itself to sleep on it's huge pillow!

Nice looking gun. I love my 92X so far. The Centurion has my eye lately just because it seems like the really sweet spot. I have a compact and a LTT Elite.

For as big and thicc as the 92 series pistols are, they're also not that much different in size and weight to a 1911.

That said, I carry a 92X compact with a LTT RDO slide and a Holosun 507 and keep the LTT92 with a TLR-1HL for the nightstand. Both with LTT TJIABs.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    You're gonna give that gun a complex! It's gonna cry itself to sleep on it's huge pillow!
    The final entity in the Pentavirate (after Colonel Sanders went TU) is SIG SAUER.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    For as big and thick as the 92 series pistols are, they're also not that much different in size and weight to a 1911
    They are more comparable than I had expected. I don't know who had the most input on the 92X, but they deserve credit; this thing is a nice combination of features.
    gn

They are more comparable than I had expected. I don't know who had the most input on the 92X, but they deserve credit; this thing is a nice combination of features.
    And that's how I got sucked in to the pepperoni world.
    The full size X was so nice the Centurion was a given.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List