Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beretta 92X line

3-4 years ago when I started experimenting w/ lighter hammer springs it was on my stock 92G. In one range trip I tried 16,14, 13, and 12. All was well except w/ the 12#. I thought I remembered a comment from somewhere about a skeleton hammer allowing lighter springs so I ordered one and installed it. Back to the range to try 13 and 12 and the 12# was then reliable. So, ever since then, I have been using a 12 in our range guns but stayed w/ 13 for defense guns. With Federal and CCI ammon I have never had a problem since then w/ a 12# spring. The physics of a given spring being able to get a lighter hammer moving faster, vs it having less mass when it hits the primer, is beyond me but it has been proven to be a fix. BTW, I have absolute faith in LTT parts. When I install them, the removed parts are saved in a ziplock bag marked (Removed from xyz) but I have never had a problem. Some of the parts will be installed in another 92. For instance a couple of Wilson trigger bars have moved to replace a stock bar when they were removed and replaced w/ LTT bars. Some black finished parts move to another 92 when I started buying NP3 parts.

Just checked, my recently purchased full size GR has a plastic guide rod. I haven’t started looking around yet (I just checked the pistol ~5 minutes ago) but who is the go to for metal guide rods? Brownell’s?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Just checked, my recently purchased full size GR has a plastic guide rod. I haven’t started looking around yet (I just checked the pistol ~5 minutes ago) but who is the go to for metal guide rods? Brownell’s?
    Beretta makes a nice stainless guiderod that they sell along with a gold colored recoil spring, ive bought them from Beretta for around $25. Wilson Combat makes a neat fluted steel guiderod as well.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c5g620
    These also fit if you want black and are very affordable if you don’t need a new spring.

Site Supporter
    It's weird that Beretta doesn't sell a black metal guide rod by itself on their website. They do sell the stainless one as mentioned.

I bought mine from LTT when I bought some hammer springs.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

How much of a difference will the guide rod make to muzzle flip? Mine came with plastic.

I finally got to shoot my 92X Centurion with the LOK grips today and it was definitely more slippery than the grips that came with the pistol. In fact, I think I need to try the wrap around grips with palm swell the next go around.

With respect to recoil, I started the day with a comp'd 2011 (Like Duke says, they are magic) and when I switched to the 92X it was definitely a lot more flip and recoil, which was to be expected. And I had to really grip the gun to keep it from moving in my hands.

LTT TJIB NP3 + 13lb hammer spring works well. I know the 12lb HS would probably be ok but I do have some PPU 124gr battle pack ammo and figure I could use the extra power, just-in-case. The DA pull with a 12lb HS is super nice but not much different with the 13lb.

I don't plan to spend any more money on this 92X though. The Acro P2 and some slide milling for the STI are calling my name.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    How much of a difference will the guide rod make to muzzle flip? Mine came with plastic.

I finally got to shoot my 92X Centurion with the LOK grips today and it was definitely more slippery than the grips that came with the pistol. In fact, I think I need to try the wrap around grips with palm swell the next go around.

With respect to recoil, I started the day with a comp'd 2011 (Like Duke says, they are magic) and when I switched to the 92X it was definitely a lot more flip and recoil, which was to be expected. And I had to really grip the gun to keep it from moving in my hands.

LTT TJIB NP3 + 13lb hammer spring works well. I know the 12lb HS would probably be ok but I do have some PPU 124gr battle pack ammo and figure I could use the extra power, just-in-case. The DA pull with a 12lb HS is super nice but not much different with the 13lb.

I don't plan to spend any more money on this 92X though.
    I'm not sure how much difference the guide rod will make in a Centurion, because mine both came with steel rods from the factory. The difference it makes in the Full Size is minor but noticeable. I suspect a 92X Centurion will be a bit snappier to shoot than a Full Size regardless of the guide rod. I swapped the one out in my Full Size just because I prefer a metal guide rod over plastic.

I like the factory grips on the 92X, they are plenty grippy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post

I feel there is a correlation between the vertec grip, the traditional M9 grip with hump, and control over the gun. That hump allows for more space for the support hand to contact the frame and aid in control of the gun. I think you’re right about wanting to swap to the wrap around grip for the more traditional m9 style on your next go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I've thought about doing some more work on the triggers including TJIAB -- but I hesitate to do anything that makes the guns dependent on third party parts availability.
    Installing an LTT TJIAB won’t put you in a position where you’ll be dependent on 3rd party parts. The parts are standard, just precision fit and polished giving you an incredibly, freaking amazing DA/SA on your Beretta pistol. No exaggeration, true fact. I guarantee you’ll have a shit eating grin when you start stroking the trigger after installing it.

User Tag List