Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T X2

The Picatinny-ish clamp rail makes a good deal of sense to me and the fact that the 509 looks to be basically a 508 with a rear window makes me think Holosun could incorporate the rail clamp into the other optic sights.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just got my Holosun 509T X2 today. Mine was a replacement for a defective 509T I bought a few weeks ago. My original 509T could not be zeroed properly. At 25 yards my group was 4 inches high, even with the elevation screw bottomed out. I hope the new 509T X2 performs better. The Email holosun sent me stated the original 509T was defective and was replaced with the 509T X2.

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    I just got my Holosun 509T X2 today. Mine was a replacement for a defective 509T I bought a few weeks ago. My original 509T could not be zeroed properly. At 25 yards my group was 4 inches high, even with the elevation screw bottomed out. I hope the new 509T X2 performs better. The Email holosun sent me stated the original 509T was defective and was replaced with the 509T X2.
    Sounds like they treated you well. My impression is that Holosun (and Chinese optics in general) have a very sharp peak in the early MTBF (mean time between failures) curve, probably due to poor QC. I've come to expect it. But hopefully, once you do their QC for them, your Holosun will have a long life.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Holosun 509T X2

509t-x2 arrived today from Kenzie’s. Fast service. All looks good so far. Reticle is sharp and properly aligned. I’m especially impressed by the user manual, which seems to have been written by a native English speaker who understands the device and its use.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sounds like they treated you well. My impression is that Holosun (and Chinese optics in general) have a very sharp peak in the early MTBF (mean time between failures) curve, probably due to poor QC. I've come to expect it. But hopefully, once you do their QC for them, your Holosun will have a long life.

Holosun did handle my problem very quickly. Hopefully the 509x2 will work out.

More pre-firing findings.

This 509Tx2 has visibly less notch filter (tint) than my 508Tx2.

Both my 508Tx2 and 509Tx2 are on G19.5 MOS slides with CHPWS plates (CHPWS v4 for the 508T).

Comparing overall height with the sights mounted, the slide with 509Tx2 winds up ~1/16" shorter than the slide with the 508Tx2.

In terms of the BUIS height required, the mounted 509Tx2 lower deck sits 4/100" lower than the 508Tx2.

The only effect on concealment I found was when sitting, the back of the 509TX2 would print slightly more. If that was a big concern I'd have to add a bit more padding to my Mastermind wedge.

Tempted to try the 509TX2 on my EDC G19.5 MOS, if only so I can stop the dust removal ritual with the 508T.

I was able to zero my replacement Holosun 509 T X2 yesterday before my agencies annual low light training. I had no issues zeroing the optic at 25 yards. Unlike the original 509 T I had, the X2 hits point of aim point of impact at 25 yards with Gold Dot 147. So far I am happy with the 509tX2. Holosun was very quick in replacing my original defective 509T with the 509TX2.

Holosun 509T X2

Got to the range with the x2 today. 200 rounds mixed 147 Lawman and HST.

G19.5MOS slide with CHPWS plate, CHPWS provided torx screws torqued to 10 inch lbs per instructions. I elected to use blue loctite. 509t clamp torqued to 20(!) per Holosun. PMM single port comp, everything else stock except the irons.

No issues so far.

Zeroed at 25y on a 4” bull and got this lucky 7-round group (standing, not paced). Mantis said I was shooting 95% today after a month off. So yay. The PMM barrel/Comp has been tighter for me with HST than the Marksman barrel.

With my Gen 1 509t I could not keep 10 rounds in a 4” bull at 15y with the same gun. So maybe gen 1 needs to go back.

I have looked through a few 509T Gen 1s. All the samples I looked through had significant edge distortion and very noticeable (though slight) magnification. For those of you in possession of the X2 variant, how does it compare to the original variant in these areas?

Distortion...

Quote Originally Posted by DexterTaylor View Post
    I have looked through a few 509T Gen 1s. All the samples I looked through had significant edge distortion and very noticeable (though slight) magnification. For those of you in possession of the X2 variant, how does it compare to the original variant in these areas?
    I got my first ever Red Dot 509T, here is my honest opinion. the Dot works on Distance Sight only, "Do not use reading glasses it will be worse", and if you ever use distance glasses you have to have it corrected on astigmatism because the dot will make you aware that you have one, if you see a distortion/fuzzy images. Oh boy I think Red dot is for me because I do not need reading glasses(using this for the iron sight picture) anymore, The the dot is very clear, It is pretty clear that i can see the circle and the dot with the space around the dot that separates the outer circle.

In my opinion, there is no miraculous mirrors that can correct the distortions, it's mostly on the distance eye vision of the shooter, one way to check on this is have the red dot checked with your friends or relatives with good eye, if they can see the dot clearly then your distance sight eye has to be corrected.

Hope this helps. I am not fluent in English so I hope you guys get what I mean. ^_^

User Tag List