Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Holosun 509T X2

  1. #21
    A dealer on Reddit said 2-3 weeks before the new models are in stock.

    Right now I'm trying to decide between the 508t-gr and 509t-gr - obviously 508 would be ~$100 cheaper but I'm interested in the closed emitter version..

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Steve Fisher of Sentinel Concepts posted pics of his 509 X2 and confirmed the glass (distortion?) is improved, have options of the dot, circle dot or circle and is replacing his Gen 1 509T's.
    Is he an objective source? He gets these items for free for purposes of T&E. Probably paid T&E but that's just a guess on the last statement.

  3. #23
    Site Supporter dontshakepandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Is he an objective source? He gets these items for free for purposes of T&E. Probably paid T&E but that's just a guess on the last statement.
    I absolutely wouldn’t be shocked to find out he’s on Holosun’s payroll in some capacity.

    That said, I think we can still trust that there is a new version coming and that the glass quality was something they focused on for the new version. How much it actually improved or if it is now at an acceptable level is still to be determined.

  4. #24
    I think the distortion becomes much more of an issue when you are dealing with positive Id I low light situations with in incredibly important in the current roll I have the optic in. It will get replaced in the not too distant future when resources allow.

  5. #25
    Still checking everyday for someone to have the 509t-gr in stock.

    I have a plate from CHPWS coming next week; haven't even shot the host gun yet as I was waiting to pair it with an optic. I think the holster is coming tomorrow..

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Get ready to put them on pistols. They are simply excellent.
    100% I’ve been running an ACRO P-2 since mid July and it’s awesome and everything the original ACRO should have been. Find my channel The Expat Gunner on YouTube for an overview of Aimpoint’s second generation pistol optic..

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Seems like Holosun's QC is all over the place, my 509T has noticeable distortion but it's for other discussed reasons I preferred it over the P1.
    I will end up with an Acro P2 which will allow me to sleep better at night haha
    Yes Holosun still have occasional QC issues. When considering the 509T the 3 units I looked at back in November 2020 had distortion, excess glue residue and in some cases misaligned solar panels. Also I discovered that the 509T’s locking bar is made from untreated steel that easily rusts when exposed to sweat or the elements. Based on my experience I simply couldn’t justify paying the price of €600 and went for the ACRO P-1 for the same price despite its battery deficiencies. Aimpoint’s quality of materials, fit and finish and optical clarity were far more important to me, so I decided to accept that having a battery 1/5 the size of the CR2032 will drain faster and purchased 10 extra batteries in case.

    However, having the P-1 since November up until July this year when I switched over to the P-2, I’m glad to report that I was still on the first battery. Quality control is more a production facility issue then a negative on the product itself. The facts… Holosun is produced in China and the quality can sometimes vary depending on the production batch. Aimpoint products are built in Sweden and hand tested and checked before they leave the factory to ensure quality is consistent and top notch. Generally Holosun make a good feature rich product, they just need control consistency. At least both companies offer a great warranty so either way you should be safe.

    If Holosun make improvements with the 509TX2 then I’d certainly be willing to try one on another optic ready pistol.

  8. #28
    Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Expat Gunner View Post
    Yes Holosun still have occasional QC issues. When considering the 509T the 3 units I looked at back in November 2020 had distortion, excess glue residue and in some cases misaligned solar panels. Also I discovered that the 509T’s locking bar is made from untreated steel that easily rusts when exposed to sweat or the elements. Based on my experience I simply couldn’t justify paying the price of €600 and went for the ACRO P-1 for the same price despite its battery deficiencies. Aimpoint’s quality of materials, fit and finish and optical clarity were far more important to me, so I decided to accept that having a battery 1/5 the size of the CR2032 will drain faster and purchased 10 extra batteries in case.

    However, having the P-1 since November up until July this year when I switched over to the P-2, I’m glad to report that I was still on the first battery. Quality control is more a production facility issue then a negative on the product itself. The facts… Holosun is produced in China and the quality can sometimes vary depending on the production batch. Aimpoint products are built in Sweden and hand tested and checked before they leave the factory to ensure quality is consistent and top notch. Generally Holosun make a good feature rich product, they just need control consistency. At least both companies offer a great warranty so either way you should be safe.

    If Holosun make improvements with the 509TX2 then I’d certainly be willing to try one on another optic ready pistol.

    Thank you for the information, just a heads up you should turn on signatures. One of your quotes above is to a Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA, for him to find more information on the P2 from your channel
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, Kahles, Vortex, XLR Industries and now turn key precision rifles!
    www.cstactical.com

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the rainbow tunnel, somewhere north of fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Get ready to put them on pistols. They are simply excellent.
    Screw the damn plates and screws already. Every optics ready gun should come with a milled rail for an Acro. Just be done with it.

    This is The Way.

  10. #30
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Screw the damn plates and screws already. Every optics ready gun should come with a milled rail for an Acro. Just be done with it.

    This is The Way.
    I think that in a few years, plates will be a thing of the past.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •