Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T X2

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Where was the failure point? I'm guessing the optic worked itself loose after the soft metal of the plate deformed under recoil.
    Sheared a chunk right off the plate. This was a 6061 MOS plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Sheared a chunk right off the plate. This was a 6061 MOS plate.
    Name:  Final-10.1.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  77.7 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Anyone still using these? Any thoughts vs the EPS?
    I'm using it with Ameriglo GL-429 sights and the Holosun steel MOS plate on a G17.5 (about to move it to a G47 once it comes in). I plan on keeping it, I really like it and love the mounting interface. I had a Holosun 508T on a CHPWS plate on my carry G19.5 MOS, and the 509T actually sits quite a bit lower on the slide than that. For reference, for the 508T I had to use Ameriglo 3XL sights where the 509T uses XL. That said, on my carry G19.5 I'm switching to the full-size EPS with the 6 MOA dot. I'm not sure if the EPS will actually sit any lower than the 509T because of the need for a MOS plate, but I'm going with the EPS because I can save some money forgoing titanium and a solar panel and I'm ok with a 6MOA dot over the circle dot option for carry.
    I would like to see Holosun offer the 509 with a 7075 aluminum body, no solar, and similar dot options to the EPS line. The picatinny-like clamping system is just superior, but I'd like the option to save money as I think titanium is just not necessary nor is the solar panel.
    Looking at it, I think the 509 sits just as low as the EPS, but I need to get it in hand to verify. I think a 509 "Carry" version is possible as well because the part of the optic that clamps completely consumes the plate all the way to the bottom of the optic cut.

Another good option for Glock 509tx2 backup sights are the CHPWS Low Witness (BUIS-AB-GL-RH-285BF-285BR)

https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-r...ront-and-rear/

Glock 17Gen5 MOS + OEM Holosun Steel 509 Plate + CHPWS Low Witness makes for a nice lower 1/4 co-witness. I really like how Holosun designed this plate. It takes full advantage of the available drop on an MOS cut.

I have the Ameriglo GL429s on a few guns and they are solid but I like the CHPWS more. The CHPWS rear sight has a set screw and is serrated unlike the GL-429 rear sight.

My CHPWS sight set example of 1 had good QC FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm using it with Ameriglo GL-429 sights and the Holosun steel MOS plate on a G17.5 (about to move it to a G47 once it comes in). I plan on keeping it, I really like it and love the mounting interface. I had a Holosun 508T on a CHPWS plate on my carry G19.5 MOS, and the 509T actually sits quite a bit lower on the slide than that. For reference, for the 508T I had to use Ameriglo 3XL sights where the 509T uses XL. That said, on my carry G19.5 I'm switching to the full-size EPS with the 6 MOA dot. I'm not sure if the EPS will actually sit any lower than the 509T because of the need for a MOS plate, but I'm going with the EPS because I can save some money forgoing titanium and a solar panel and I'm ok with a 6MOA dot over the circle dot option for carry.
    I would like to see Holosun offer the 509 with a 7075 aluminum body, no solar, and similar dot options to the EPS line. The picatinny-like clamping system is just superior, but I'd like the option to save money as I think titanium is just not necessary nor is the solar panel.
    Looking at it, I think the 509 sits just as low as the EPS, but I need to get it in hand to verify. I think a 509 "Carry" version is possible as well because the part of the optic that clamps completely consumes the plate all the way to the bottom of the optic cut.

This answers a ton for me, thank you! I ordered the steel Holosun plate to replace my CHPWS and a X2 to replace my OG 509T. I might cut my G48 for a EPS or EPS carry.

First impressions

A few first impressions out of the box (but not mounted) comparing this X2 to my original 509T;

• Slightly less distortion but still magnifies a bit
    • The lenses are a little more clear
    • With my astigmatism it's about the same distortion of the dot.
    • IMO marginal upgrades but enough for me personally to make it worthwhile.

I also have the Holosun Steel MOS plate to replace the aluminum CHPWS I'm using with my Gen 1.

A few first impressions out of the box (but not mounted) comparing this X2 to my original 509T;

• Slightly less distortion but still magnifies a bit
    • The lenses are a little more clear
    • With my astigmatism it's about the same distortion of the dot.
    • IMO marginal upgrades but enough for me personally to make it worthwhile.

I also have the Holosun Steel MOS plate to replace the aluminum CHPWS I'm using with my Gen 1.
    From what I've seen, consistency is pretty hit or miss with the 509T series when it comes to distortion and magnification. I had some gen 1s that were acceptable, and some that were really bad. I've had an x2 that was excellent, and one that was bad enough that Holosun replaced it. The replacement was better, but still worse than some of the better gen 1 models. I really wanted to like them, but that just doesn't work for me.

I've replaced them all with P2s and I'm much happier now.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    From what I've seen, consistency is pretty hit or miss with the 509T series when it comes to distortion and magnification. I had some gen 1s that were acceptable, and some that were really bad. I've had an x2 that was excellent, and one that was bad enough that Holosun replaced it. The replacement was better, but still worse than some of the better gen 1 models. I really wanted to like them, but that just doesn't work for me.

I've replaced them all with P2s and I'm much happier now.

I was going to replace my og with a P2 but damn it's big to conceal on my 19.5 how I carry. I will get a P2 for a G17 regulated to HD.

Mine has a little bit of distortion if I close one eye and focus on the dot. When I actually use it correctly with a target focus I don't notice any distortion at all. That's the real litmus test for the glass, if it's still distorted when you target focus then it's too much. This is why people put up with the RMR that has the worst blue tint and distortion of any of them.

Anyone still using these? Any thoughts vs the EPS?
    Still love the 509T X2 using 0.150 deep direct cut for a glock

For my p365xls I use the eps carry.

Eps carry has better glass. Imo it is also less reliable by a tad

User Tag List