Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T X2

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have seen enough oddness with 509T optics coming loose, that I am beginning to wonder about its proprietary clamping set-up.
    Just a guess but maybe the recoil lug is shallow enough that most of the force to secure the optic is coming from the clamp itself and not from the lug?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    according to him, its not a singular case:

Got an acquaintance who works for a large department in AZ. They issue the 509 and have probably 500 of them in use. He says they've been working well overall. One optic did get water inside when the officer was stuck directing traffic in a monsoon downpour. Another 509 had the rear / ocular lens come out. In both cases the dot still worked.

Recently got a 509t x2, it would auto shutoff but then not turn back on unless you pressed a button. Sent it back for warranty

Have a 509T X2 Red on a G45. Have shot it quite a bit, including in daytime and night time matches, with zero problems. I don't see any distortion issues that are any more significant than I have seen in other Holosun K and C models, Trijicon RMR and RMRcc models, or Leupold DP's.

But my eyesight is quite likely not as sharp or sophisticated as some other shooters. I'm at the stage in my life where any good quality optic is such an improvement over iron sights that I'm grateful we have the technology we have today. And I am optimistic it will continue to improve with time. We have certainly come a long, long way in just the past 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Got an acquaintance who works for a large department in AZ. They issue the 509 and have probably 500 of them in use. He says they've been working well overall. One optic did get water inside when the officer was stuck directing traffic in a monsoon downpour. Another 509 had the rear / ocular lens come out. In both cases the dot still worked.

Possibly the same agency…. But add on a black spot in the optic, and a random piece of metal floating around a different optic. I’m not against Holosun, but having personally seen 5 significant issues or failures in my dots, or those close to me, I’m not against switching to other options for future dots.

What back up irons should I get for a 509tx2 on a gen 5 glock 19 mos on a chwps plate?

Lower 1/3 or shorter works..

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Possibly the same agency…. But add on a black spot in the optic, and a random piece of metal floating around a different optic. I’m not against Holosun, but having personally seen 5 significant issues or failures in my dots, or those close to me, I’m not against switching to other options for future dots.
    This same department had authorized the Deltapoint Pro but pulled it after a number of failures. The optic has since been re-authorized after Leupold changed to a different circuit board. I think the boards that were failing were blue? Or is it the blue circuit boards are good?

Site Supporter

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This same department had authorized the Deltapoint Pro but pulled it after a number of failures. The optic has since been re-authorized after Leupold changed to a different circuit board. I think the boards that were failing were blue? Or is it the blue circuit boards are good?

DPP Green boards are the original which had durability issues

The blue boards fixed the durability issue but there have been reports of blue board DPPs have issues waking up via the shake awake.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What back up irons should I get for a 509tx2 on a gen 5 glock 19 mos on a chwps plate?

Lower 1/3 or shorter works..
    Here is a (bad) photo of the dawson MOS sights with the 509t x2 on a 45mos, they're a little high for my liking
    Name:  20220925_121025.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  8.2 KB

@helothar Which adapter plate and what height sights?

User Tag List