Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T X2

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    So regardless of the potential 509x2 improvements you believe the P2 will be the way to go?
    All things considered, I would rather not buy things from China, when reasonable alternatives exist.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I think it will still come down to what features one prefers...

P2: Made in USA and the expectation (possibly true) that it will be more durable.

509T: 3 different reticle options, solar power, shake-awake.
    I thought Aimpoints were made in Sweden?

The reason I was asking GJM is he’s one of the more experienced on red dots on this board.

I have little experience but went from a P1 to a 509t which I prefer how the dot is easier for me to acquire on the 509t with the bigger window with more distortion than the P1. I’m leaning towards the P2 so I don’t support china mainly and the improved battery over the P1.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I thought Aimpoints were made in Sweden?
    Maybe so... I know it's Not made in China.

Edit: You're correct... Sveeedin is where it's made.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    They sure are proud of these — for $100 or so the P2 is an obvious choice, if they start showing up.
    The 509 is smaller than the Acro, so that’s why I went with it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The 509 is smaller than the Acro, so that’s why I went with it.
    My next pistol I want an enclosed emmiter with irons forward but I'm afraid it will be impossible for me to fully conceal AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    My next pistol I want an enclosed emmiter with irons forward but I'm afraid it will be impossible for me to fully conceal AIWB.
    That’s what I’m going to test with this project.

Frankly, I prefer the controls, display window and concealability of the 509T over the Acro, and a circle only reticle and less distortion improve the 509. For ours field use, I still trust the Acro — at least as long as you use the right holster with it.

Before I forget to mention it, I have been using a new Safariland RDS holster for a Glock with an Acro and TLR-7 on this hunt. The Acro cover rattles, which is a no-no stalking elk. Then the Acro cover popped off when I brushed against a rock.

Name:  30D4EDB8-AE26-44D4-9E24-4077CA81C5E6.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  54.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I also want to love the P2 and have been eyeing one for my VP9, assuming I can mount it somehow with the OR version and plates. That said, it's a freeaking HUGE optic compared to RMR and has me hesitant as concealed carry piece. Anybody here want to tell me I'm crazy and it's no big deal?

One other reason I want to switch back from the 509t back to the Aimpoint system is I prefer the Forward Control Design mounting system over the CHPWS plates for the MOS system.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Frankly, I prefer the controls, display window and concealability of the 509T over the Acro, and a circle only reticle and less distortion improve the 509. For ours field use, I still trust the Acro — at least as long as you use the right holster with it.

Before I forget to mention it, I have been using a new Safariland RDS holster for a Glock with an Acro and TLR-7 on this hunt. The Acro cover rattles, which is a no-no stalking elk. Then the Acro cover popped off when I brushed against a rock.
    A truly field-capable RDS pistol system isn't easy to build. There are a lot of failure points to eliminate. Thanks for doing all this field testing.

User Tag List