Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T X2

I view all optics manufacturer supplied batteries like OEM Glock sights, as placeholders. All new optics immediately get Duracells installed as part of initial setup.

Mount loosening

I am trying a 509t2 ACSS mounted on a Holosun RMR steel plate a Shadow2 direct milled for a SRO. After about 400 rounds, the optic was slightly loose and could be pushed 1mm fore-aft. The mounting screw was torqued to 20 in-lbs, held with blue locktite, and witness marked. The screw had not moved, so I assume that there was some deformation of the plate and/or the mounting clamp. Interestingly the optic's zero was not in any way affected.

I inspected the plate and clamp and couldn't see anything wrong, but when I re-torqued it to 20 in-lbs, it was still movable. At 30 in-lbs, it is solidly mounted.

@JCN, it occurs to me this is probably a good application for E6000. I'm going to go apply some now. (The mounting plate was already glued with e6000).

Name:  ce227cd77470856c906dc202ab073690.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  48.0 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I am trying a 509t2 ACSS mounted on a Holosun RMR steel plate a Shadow2 direct milled for a SRO. After about 400 rounds, the optic was slightly loose and could be pushed 1mm fore-aft. The mounting screw was torqued to 20 in-lbs, held with blue locktite, and witness marked. The screw had not moved, so I assume that there was some deformation of the plate and/or the mounting clamp. Interestingly the optic's zero was not in any way affected.

I inspected the plate and clamp and couldn't see anything wrong, but when I re-torqued it to 20 in-lbs, it was still movable. At 30 in-lbs, it is solidly mounted.

@JCN, it occurs to me this is probably a good application for E6000. I'm going to go apply some now. (The mounting plate was already glued with e6000).
    It’s funny you should mention that because when I mounted mine initially using the RMR plate I also noticed the play in the mount even when secured.

So I slathered it with E6000….

It works.

Name:  ce227cd77470856c906dc202ab073690.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  48.0 KB
    I have seen enough oddness with 509T optics coming loose, that I am beginning to wonder about its proprietary clamping set-up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have seen enough oddness with 509T optics coming loose, that I am beginning to wonder about its proprietary clamping set-up.
    It's been solid on my direct mill P-07. I don't think there's anything wrong with the clamp. But clearly the torque spec of 20 in-lb was not enough for the combo I posted about above.

It's been solid on my direct mill P-07. I don't think there's anything wrong with the clamp. But clearly the torque spec of 20 in-lb was not enough for the combo I posted about above.
    20 is what is called out by Holosun in their user manual?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Holosun 509T X2

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    20 is what is called out by Holosun in their user manual?
    Yes. Just double checked.

Just a thought: the ACSS is slightly longer than the standard 509. So, that might change the torque spec?

How have your 509T's held up to moisture? I hear every once in a while that people get the insides of the glass fogged up with moisture.

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1717 View Post
    How have your 509T's held up to moisture? I hear every once in a while that people get the insides of the glass fogged up with moisture.
    My two have been solid.

according to him, its not a singular case:

User Tag List