Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T X2

One of my Gen 1 509 optics, mounted on a G23, developed a black blob inside the lenses. Will contact Holosun and hopefully a V2 comes back.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm only 450 rounds into my direct milled 509t but I must be pretty agnostic when it comes to dot/lense quality because I don't notice much difference switching from various holosuns and my sro. While there is a difference in dot clarity, it doesn't bother me or mean much in the way of performance as this highlight from today's range session shows. 1.55 @ 50 on a ta mini dap. Obviously YMMV.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Ordered a 509T-X2 Green from Eurooptic this afternoon. First place I’ve found the green in stock (site didn’t say it was a pre-order) and with free one day shipping it should arrive Tuesday assuming it ships Monday. I have a 509T red (gen1) and a few 507Ks in green and the green works better for my vision.

My green X2 was delivered today. Didn’t spend much time with but the edge clarity is better and no magnification is noticeable compared to the first gen. This will be sent to Maple Leaf along with a G45 slide.

After seeing a few people here say the X2 addressed the optical issues of the original, I decided to order one to try out.

At one point, I had 5 of the previous generation and ended up ditching all of them because of the magnification and fisheye. I even sold my Glock 45 slide that I had Jagerwerks mill for the 509T since I was so frustrated with them.

I've only had the X2 for a few days, but I am VERY pleased with the improvement. If you are looking for it you can see a slight bit of magnification, but it is no worse than any of my RMRs. There is far less distortion around the edges compared to the original version. When compared to an RMR the glass has significantly less blue tint, and the window is quite a bit more usable.

Combined with the Jagerwerks cut slide that gets the optic LOW, I think this is the best pistol optic currently available for concealed carry. The ACRO P2 may beat it out for duty carry, but I think the size of the 509T makes it work better for concealed carry. That, and the 509T is actually available unlike the P2 I've had preordered for like 5 years now.

At this point, unless the P2 really blows me away I don't think I'll be putting it on a pistol. I've waited too long to cancel my order at this point though so I'll probably repurpose it for something else and just sell my Jagerwerks ACRO cut slide.

I think Holosun got a huge win by making the needed improvements and beating the P2 to the market. If anybody is on the fence about trying one of these or if the old version's poor glass bother you and you are thinking about upgrading, I'd definitely recommend doing it.

Can't find the link now but I thought I saw the other day that Utah State Police was buying 509s for patrol use.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Can't find the link now but I thought I saw the other day that Utah State Police was buying 509s for patrol use.

They were early adopters of the G17 MOS with RMR- looks like they are / have switched to Holosun 509s.

UHP has always been fairly progressive in terms of duty pistols and were long time users of the HK P7 M13.

https://www.bidnet.com/bneattachments?/623220367.pdf

Name:  Utah HP Holosun.PNG
Views: 1000
Size:  69.4 KB

I recently sent a 509T in to Holosun, because there was a blob of black stuff floating inside the sealed lenses. Less than a week later, I am holding a new replacement unit, that is a V2. Delighted to see that circle only is a reticle option on the V2.

Installing the V2 on a Chip Wiz plate, my .315 front height BUIS a we’re picking up some interference with the sealing compound on the bottom of the front lens. Looking at another slide, the Holosun OEM plate puts the 509T lower, making that compound disappear. I do think the OEM plate for the MOS is better than the Chip Wiz plate, and less costly too.

509T is installed and laser bore sighted in my Gen 5 23 MOS slide, ready to go to the range.

I also received a Holosun AEMS, that looks awesome, but that is for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    509T is installed and laser bore sighted in my Gen 5 23 MOS slide, ready to go to the range.

I also received a Holosun AEMS, that looks awesome, but that is for another thread.
    Post some size comparison pics between the AEMS and 9T when you have a chance please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Post some size comparison pics between the AEMS and 9T when you have a chance please.

Name:  F924F9B7-AE9C-42AC-9EB1-B7833F7E26B3.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  34.4 KB

User Tag List