Thread: APX Carry - Slide not closing completely

APX Carry - Slide not closing completely

I just brought it home this afternoon, NIB, unfired. When you push the slide to the rear a little, then let it close while holding on to it, it will not close completely, and the trigger is dead. It stops about an eighth of an inch shy of being completely closed.
    If you push on the rear of the slide, with a decent amount of pressure, it’ll close all of the way, but you can hear that it’s hanging up on something.
    My friend has the same gun, with about 200 rounds through it, and his does the same thing. Does anyone else have this issue? It may fire just fine, but it just seems odd that it has this restriction straight from Beretta.

Does it cycle fine when you operate it without easing it forward? Take it a fire it some. If it runs fine then I would not worry about it. If you are really concerned give Beretta a call.

Hammertime
    It just sounds like a tight, brand new gun. It should resolve in a couple thousand rounds. I doubt it will cause you any problems shooting it.

The advice from Claymore 504 is sound.

It's not designed to operate with hand assistance to close the slide. Pull the slide all the way to the rear, then release the slide while in the rearmost position and allow the spring to do its work. If it goes completely into battery when using this method, it's good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    It just sounds like a tight, brand new gun. It should resolve in a couple thousand rounds. I doubt it will cause you any problems shooting it.
    👍

Fixing it is going to be expensive but at least it will be fun 😀
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Not an issue. You can get pretty much any semi auto to do this. Its hanging up on inertia of the firing mechanism or the firing pin block.

If you forcefully rack the slide it won't happen.

Thanks for all of the replies.

We Didn’t get to shoot yesterday, but we’re going today. It does go into battery when dropped using only the slide release, so I’m assuming that it will fire just fine.

Update:
    Name:  FTE on APX.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  32.1 KB
    We had two failures to eject, both happened the exact same way, and both with the 8r mag. Once with my wife, and once with me. The first one was in the first 50 rounds of (AE/124), but otherwise, the other 148 rounds of AE fired just fine, along with 50 115/Fiocchi. DB thinks it was grip related, being such a small gun. We'll see how the next range session goes.

No issues at all with the slide going into battery, but I'd still like to hear what Beretta has to say about it.

So far, we like the gun, but more vetting will have to happen before it's carried.
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 07-18-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Small, light guns are extremely intolerant of limp wristing. Get a good tight grip and don't baby it. And make sure the guns is properly lubricated

Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    Small, light guns are extremely intolerant of limp wristing. Get a good tight grip and don't baby it. And make sure the guns is properly lubricated
    I have pretty strong hands, and thought I was holding it tight enough, but maybe not. (?) I did lube the gun before we shot it, so it’ll be interesting to see how things go next time.
    My wife also has very strong hands, but I will inform her of these small guns being super sensitive to grip pressure, and hope for the best. I hope it runs well, since we both like the gun.

User Tag List