Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magna Friday

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If it’s for shooting and not looking at, and isn’t cast so the finger groove is hollow why don’t you just grind/file or dremel off the hump?

As to the OP of this thread part of the reason s&w grips are rare is that almost all factory wood grips from them suck and when the guns were tools and not collectors items people tossed them in the garbage where they belonged and got something that worked or if they were budget minded they grabbed a wood rasp and some sand paper and did what they could. Right now my N frame sports a modern set of plywood S&W grips that I dremeled down into something that is very similar in form to the miculek grips, if you haven’t tried some if might be worth a shot.
    It is for shooting occasionally, and the chances of my carrying it concealed are close to zero. Looks like the Pachmayr Gripper grip is going back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I have a set of Grippers on my Dan Wesson and actually like them. A lot. They fit my hand pretty well. Not sure how that would translate into a set for an N frame, but they’re cheap enough to give it a shot. The Miculek grips appear to be a bit thinner and more narrow at the base. That’s probably what I really need. The Ahrends flare a bit at the base, and I don’t have the guts to hack on them. They’re too pretty and no longer available as far as I know. The 28 is a “working gun” so something synthetic I would stomach. The Pre-14 will never see plastic. Ever. Never.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List