Thread: Want a Glock 19 Gen 5 OEM Slide (stripped)

Want a Glock 19 Gen 5 OEM Slide (stripped)

I have an early version G19 gen 5 with no front serrations and with the mag well cut-out. I want to replace the slide only with a later version gen 5 with front serrations. I'm seeing prices for the stripped slide starting at $290 and up. I don't want it that bad. Any ideas on making this happen for less? It has to be original Glock. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I have an early version G19 gen 5 with no front serrations and with the mag well cut-out. I want to replace the slide only with a later version gen 5 with front serrations. I'm seeing prices for the stripped slide starting at $290 and up. I don't want it that bad. Any ideas on making this happen for less? It has to be original Glock. Thanks.
    I would have front serrations cut on your current slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    If you're buying from BigTex Ordnance you can knock 10-15% off the $289 with a coupon code (try Asian13 or Asian15 for our own Modern Samurai Project). I don't think you'll find one for much less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I would have front serrations cut on your current slide.
    One reason to get an OEM slide with front serrations is that it will have the desirable breech face cut. Personally though I wouldn't replace the slide just for the slide serrations...my GEN5 Glocks have had reliable ejection with or without the cut. Still I think a MOS slide (with the FCS and breech cut) is an upgrade, and I've purchased such OEM MOS slides for my early GEN5 guns (which were purchased before MOS, FCS, or the breech cut were available).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    If you're buying from BigTex Ordnance you can knock 10-15% off the $289 with a coupon code (try Asian13 or Asian15 for our own Modern Samurai Project). I don't think you'll find one for much less than that.

One reason to get an OEM slide with front serrations is that it will have the desirable breech face cut. Personally though I wouldn't replace the slide just for the slide serrations...my GEN5 Glocks have had reliable ejection with or without the cut. Still I think a MOS slide (with the FCS and breech cut) is an upgrade, and I've purchased such OEM MOS slides for my early GEN5 guns (which were purchased before MOS, FCS, or the breech cut were available).
    Thanks for the tip. Big Tex was the price I was referring to in the opening post. I'd be just as happy I think with a strip of grip tape (3M stair tread) but the clearance on my holsters won't tolerate the added width without dragging.

Site Supporter
    If you're planning on a red dot, Maple Leaf Firearms has a package that includes milling, adding front serrations, and deepening the rear serrations.

Buy the OEM slide you want, and sell your old OEM slide. Net loss would be shipping costs. Someone out there will buy it to put on a 3d print frame or polymer 80.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Why not just sell the whole gun and buy the current production model?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Why not just sell the whole gun and buy the current production model?
    Based on the cost of a new slide, that idea has crossed my mind.

Not that it matters too much but the newer 19.5 has a different ejector than the early 19.5. I personally like my slide and frame serial numbers to match.

User Tag List