Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

deleted
    Last edited by matt7184; 03-31-2023 at 10:04 AM. Reason: posted twice compliments of comcast broken internet

That's an interesting hypothesis. You're firing with the dot not centered? Do you notice a pattern?

I'll admit I'm skeptical that the parallax error is significant at practical pistol distances.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    It returns fine to center, but I'm not waiting until the dot is centered to break the next shot at closer targets. Sub 0.20 splits within 10 yards using "duty"/carry oriented Glock MOS 9mm/.40 guns, target is whatever IDPA/IPSC target I get free for the day lol.

But based on distance and target size I feel I can get more into A Zones/-0 (10 yards and closer is where I start seeing the performance difference, probably because I am not waiting for dot to center at these distances) - when I see the streak return to the A Zone with an ACRO/Steiner vs the 509. I believe the parallax of shooting the streak in the upper window rather than center may throw some of my shots off more (outskirts of the A zone/-0) on the 509 due to glass quality.

It's a different class of RDS to me, but I don't have the issue with the SRO either and do with the RMR. The differences are small but with my experience they are there.

It would be interesting to see a Molon Level analysis on the parallax on these handgun oriented RDS.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Coincidentally, I sighted my 509t2 ACSS offset optic today. Here’s a quick parallax test at 50yds:

center and bottom edge: POA
    top edge: 2.5” high
    left edge: 1” left
    right edge: 1.5” right, 1.5” high

Not enough to cause significant accuracy issues at 10-20yds.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Absolutely firing when not perfectly centered. It depends on what you consider significant. For example with rifles for some the MRO parallax issue is not "significant" but to others it is. The beauty of a big red dot window is to be able to use the entire thing and not just the center - I want the gun to shoot to where the red dot is superimposed on the target period, regardless of if the dot is perfectly centered.

Threads compliments of GJM:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....om-Ben-Stoeger

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....at-close-range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCI...rlieProduction

This topic has been covered before so back to the ACRO. From my experience it is the better option compared to the 509T due to true 1x and less possible parallax error when shooting when the dot is not perfectly centered.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Coincidentally, I sighted my 509t2 ACSS offset optic today. Here’s a quick parallax test at 50yds:

center and bottom edge: POA
    top edge: 2.5” high
    left edge: 1” left
    right edge: 1.5” right, 1.5” high
    Thank you for your test with your sample. Perhaps parallax is the wrong word and how my eyes interpret the edge distortion causes more issues with the 509T compared to the ACRO. Either way it's an easy test and on the agenda next time I get to the range to compare the two for edge to edge distortion. I currently have 2 P2s and 2 509T X2s to try.

I came up with a reason why *I* thought the Acro was easier to track in recoil than the 509T X2. BUT I had so few range sessions with the Holosun before I found an Acro P2 that I wasn't really sure. And maybe I was trying to tell myself the Acro was a tiny bit better than the 509T X2 to justify the cost.

Here it is: I think the taller Acro window means I see the dot sooner in recoil.

But real talk, I liked both optics. Sold the Holosun and kept the Acro P2 because Ameri...errr Sweden.

I have been sitting on a brand new Acro P1, hoping to sell and use the money for another P2 to live on either a Glock or a PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    It returns fine to center, but I'm not waiting until the dot is centered to break the next shot at closer targets. Sub 0.20 splits within 10 yards using "duty"/carry oriented Glock MOS 9mm/.40 guns, target is whatever IDPA/IPSC target I get free for the day lol.

But based on distance and target size I feel I can get more into A Zones/-0 (10 yards and closer is where I start seeing the performance difference, probably because I am not waiting for dot to center at these distances) - when I see the streak return to the A Zone with an ACRO/Steiner vs the 509. I believe the parallax of shooting the streak in the upper window rather than center may throw some of my shots off more (outskirts of the A zone/-0) on the 509 due to glass quality.

It's a different class of RDS to me, but I don't have the issue with the SRO either and do with the RMR. The differences are small but with my experience they are there.

It would be interesting to see a Molon Level analysis on the parallax on these handgun oriented RDS.
    I would respectfully suggest that if you are shooting sub .20 splits, that you are shooting predictively and pressing the trigger before you see the dot coming down onto the target area. With target focus, I am looking at the target, and have no idea what the clarity of the window looks like.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Any word on another batch of these coming in? Seems like I've had restock notifications set for some time without any developments. Thanks

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Any word on another batch of these coming in? Seems like I've had restock notifications set for some time without any developments. Thanks

Aimpoint has been out, I was told they are waiting for more to come in the next few weeks. I'll announce when we have more coming in to us
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Smile

I was literally the first one through the door on the first day of the NRA show last month. I went directly to the Aimpoint booth and asked if they brought any ACRO P2's with them to the show, they said yes, I said I will take two. They through in a Surefire Stiletto flashlight ($150.) and a bag of Aimpoint coffee for my purchase. IMHO, there are currently some pretty good pistol RDS's out there, but overall if my life would be on the line, I would choose the ACRO P2.

User Tag List