Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

12:40 Central
    In Stock again directly from Aimpoint and also available from EuroOptic.

Love the Acro P2!

Finally mounted and zeroed my Acro P2 at 25 yards with 147gr HST and 124gr Gold Dot (nearly identical POI), I freaking love this thing! Replaced my 509T X1 finally P2 Pros:Almost no distortion with my astigmatism compared to the 509TThe taller window makes it easier to find the dot consistently during recoilExtremely clear edge to edgeSlightly larger dotCons:Bigger than a 509TThicker bezel than the 509TWhat I'd like to see in the future AcroSmaller bezelMake it smallerMore dot sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Finally mounted and zeroed my Acro P2 at 25 yards with 147gr HST and 124gr Gold Dot (nearly identical POI), I freaking love this thing! Replaced my 509T X1 finally P2 Pros:Almost no distortion with my astigmatism compared to the 509TThe taller window makes it easier to find the dot consistently during recoilExtremely clear edge to edgeSlightly larger dotCons:Bigger than a 509TThicker bezel than the 509TWhat I'd like to see in the future AcroSmaller bezelMake it smallerMore dot sizes
    I thought besides being wider, the 509T display is slightly taller than the Acro?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I thought besides being wider, the 509T display is slightly taller than the Acro?

Shoot, I’m going to look at the window size specification.

P2 .6 h x.6 w
    509 .66 h x .9 w

Not sure why it was easier for me to track the dot on the P2 vs the 509T, maybe it’s the dot size?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    P2 .6 h x.6 w
    509 .66 h x .9 w

Not sure why it was easier for me to track the dot on the P2 vs the 509T, maybe it’s the dot size?
    It is because you have heard for ever how great they are!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is because you have heard for ever how great they are!
    My 509T X2s have a tad bit of magnification (my broken EPS Carry has a tad less but it's still not 1x). The Steiner and ACRO series are closest to 1x for me. For my eyes (I also do have an astigmatism), the closer to true 1x, the easier it is for me to track the dot.

I also believe that the Holosun may have a bit more parallax than the ACRO/Steiner glass which could be contributing towards tracking issues. I was expecting myself to be able to track the dot on the 509 series better than the ACROs due to window size and dimensions but I have found it's not the case for me either.

If the ACRO wasn't noticeably larger during concealed carry it would be my go to across the board right now if I could get more lol.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    My 509T X2s have a tad bit of magnification (my broken EPS Carry has a tad less but it's still not 1x). The Steiner and ACRO series are closest to 1x for me. For my eyes (I also do have an astigmatism), the closer to true 1x, the easier it is for me to track the dot.

I also believe that the Holosun may have a bit more parallax than the ACRO/Steiner glass which could be contributing towards tracking issues. I was expecting myself to be able to track the dot on the 509 series better than the ACROs due to window size and dimensions but I have found it's not the case for me either.

If the ACRO wasn't noticeably larger during concealed carry it would be my go to across the board right now if I could get more lol.
    The magnification and parallax on the 509t were deal breakers for me. I also track the dot better in the ACRO despite the smaller window.

For me, the P2s are like Franks Red Hot Sauce. I put that shit on everything.

Edit: I think the distortion of the glass on the 509t (1st and 2nd gen) is what was making the dot harder to track for me. The glass in the very center of the optic window seemed fine on most of the units I had, but even the best samples had distortion around the edges of the glass, especially at the top of the window. To my eye, that just made the dot coming back in from the top less clean than the ACRO so even though the window is bigger the "usable space" may actually not be.
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 03-31-2023 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    ...I also believe that the Holosun may have a bit more parallax than the ACRO/Steiner glass which could be contributing towards tracking issues. I was expecting myself to be able to track the dot on the 509 series better than the ACROs due to window size and dimensions but I have found it's not the case for me either.
    Can you explain this further? What do you mean by tracking issues? Losing the dot in recoil? Dot doesn't return to window center and POA after recoil? Easier to see the streak? What splits are you shooting, and at what target size/distance?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Can you explain this further? What do you mean by tracking issues? Losing the dot in recoil? Dot doesn't return to window center and POA after recoil? Easier to see the streak? What splits are you shooting, and at what target size/distance?
    It returns fine to center, but I'm not waiting until the dot is centered to break the next shot at closer targets. Sub 0.20 splits within 10 yards using "duty"/carry oriented Glock MOS 9mm/.40 guns, target is whatever IDPA/IPSC target I get free for the day lol.

But based on distance and target size I feel I can get more into A Zones/-0 (10 yards and closer is where I start seeing the performance difference, probably because I am not waiting for dot to center at these distances) - when I see the streak return to the A Zone with an ACRO/Steiner vs the 509. I believe the parallax of shooting the streak in the upper window rather than center may throw some of my shots off more (outskirts of the A zone/-0) on the 509 due to glass quality.

It's a different class of RDS to me, but I don't have the issue with the SRO either and do with the RMR. The differences are small but with my experience they are there.

It would be interesting to see a Molon Level analysis on the parallax on these handgun oriented RDS.

User Tag List