Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I was invoiced for my Aimpoint Mailbox.

What mounting plates are we using these days? I was going to go with CHWPS but, FCD is also well regarded and has had no negative connotations. I need sights too.
    My P-2s have all come with a B&T MOS plate, FWIW.

What mounting plates are we using these days? I was going to go with CHWPS but, FCD is also well regarded and has had no negative connotations. I need sights too.
    We have good luck with C&H, but I have also used Tango Down that was solid on a personal Glock. Dept. has installed Ameriglo GL-429 on G45s for a simple backup. The key is to mount carefully and leave everything alone for 24 hours to let the thread locker “cure”…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    My P-2s have all come with a B&T MOS plate, FWIW.
    What sights have you used?

Particularly - Did the GL-429’s specified by Rangemaster and others seem suitable?

Thanks! I’m really tempted to use the B&T plate if it’s sufficient as first it’s free and secondly B&T historically has made top quality SMG’s, rifle’s, mounts, suppressors, etc.
    God Bless,

Brandon

What sights have you used?

Particularly - Did the GL-429’s specified by Rangemaster and others seem suitable?

Thanks! I’m really tempted to use the B&T plate if it’s sufficient as first it’s free and secondly B&T historically has made top quality SMG’s, rifle’s, mounts, suppressors, etc.
    I have a wonky one-off (Glock 17T milled for MOS), so I wouldn't know if the GL-429 would work (you can see how high it sits due to how the MOS milling was done earlier in this thread). @TCB might know better.

For Glocks I run a Tango Down plate, which is the same as the forward controls design plate. I have zero complaints and I’ve never had an issue. My G45 (Tennessee carry gun) has the Ameriglo GlL-429s with the Tango down plate and I’m very happy.

My CA carry gun (currently) is an M&P 2.0 with a P-2 but it’s a direct mount. I threw a Steiner MPS on another M&P that has had a B&T plate on it for a while and has run an ACRO for a while and that B&T plate has been rock solid. I know it’s not a Glock so I won’t talk iron sights, but early on I was worried about the B&T/Aimpoint plates for the M&P and I think much of the concern ironed out after we learned how (and how not) to mount optics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    For Glocks I run a Tango Down plate, which is the same as the forward controls design plate. I have zero complaints and I’ve never had an issue. My G45 (Tennessee carry gun) has the Ameriglo GlL-429s with the Tango down plate and I’m very happy.

My CA carry gun (currently) is an M&P 2.0 with a P-2 but it’s a direct mount. I threw a Steiner MPS on another M&P that has had a B&T plate on it for a while and has run an ACRO for a while and that B&T plate has been rock solid. I know it’s not a Glock so I won’t talk iron sights, but early on I was worried about the B&T/Aimpoint plates for the M&P and I think much of the concern ironed out after we learned how (and how not) to mount optics.
    Thanks guys. Ordered the FCD/TD plate and Ameriglo sights.
    Last edited by BWT; 09-02-2022 at 07:10 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I have a wonky one-off (Glock 17T milled for MOS), so I wouldn't know if the GL-429 would work (you can see how high it sits due to how the MOS milling was done earlier in this thread). @TCB might know better.
    For the Glocks the B&T plate with the P-2 (and P-1) & GL-429 is a great combination. Just enough sight to be useable but sits low in the window and not distracting at all. I see no reason to use any other plate for the MOS system with the ACRO. As stated, B&T makes world class stuff, I’m not worried about their QC and haven’t had any issues with mine.

Two months and 2k rounds into the ACRO P2 on my Staccato with the newer Dawson plate with zero issues. Original battery still going with optic kept at 2nd highest setting or the highest setting the whole time. Zero is maintained, etc. The Staccato and Gen 3 Mags are trouble free and still shoots lights out and runs and has had zero issues probably around 7k on it, lot lower firing schedule for me lately.

Site Supporter
    Everything arrived today. I installed the TD plate. Mine did not come with a B&T plate that I found in the box. However, my invoice was for $500 plus $25 for shipping? I put myself on a list back in June. I wonder if the buyer somehow specified without? It worked out.

I’ve been very impressed thus far with the ACRO P2, Ameriglo, and FCD/TD plate. The TD plate was an extremely tight fit which I liked. I went ahead and put loc-tite on the screws, a dab of E6000 on the slide under the plate, and fresh Duracell CR2032 (that’s what it came with from the factory - I went ahead and replaced it). Now to give 24 hours to cure.

I’ll pickup some additional 147 gr HST’s and head to the range this weekend. I went ahead and replaced the Cr2032 in my SRO on my competition/range 34 and Aimpoint H2 on my AR. Which was nice to have one battery type. I still will never understand why the P1 didn’t have a CR2032, but anyway - who cares now?

I like the sight picture and I’ll let you guys know how it goes.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Where is the best place to find an Aimpoint ACRO P-2, every place I look is always out of stock?

User Tag List