Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Contemplating out loud (via forum post). We know there was a small recall that seemingly has affected no one here. I wonder if that’s what slowed the train down. Or large sudden contracts for weapon optics in light of Russian non-sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Very large federal agency is getting ACROs. I don’t know if the order has gone through yet, though.
    The global supply chain and logistics in general are still pretty screwed. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to buy a car or lumber or electronics. Expecting delays on everything should be the consumer expectation for the next year at an overly optimistic minimum. Companies can’t build stuff if they can’t get raw materials or needed components at a steady rate.

Yeah. I ordered a new Toyota GR Supra last week, and the window for delivery is anything from 9-18 months. Which certainly complicates the value calculation of a trade in.

One of my engineering consultation clients is looking at six months of back orders for a sporting goods item that’s completely made in USA, and has zero electronic components.

Production and logistics have actually improved considerably and some commodity prices have actually decreased- but there’s a lot of inertia to overcome, labor availability is still a major issue, and other costs continue to soar.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The global supply chain and logistics in general are still pretty screwed. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to buy a car or lumber or electronics. Expecting delays on everything should be the consumer expectation for the next year at an overly optimistic minimum. Companies can’t build stuff if they can’t get raw materials or needed components at a steady rate.
    This....big time.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Name:  F53E5CE3-DA37-4259-99BD-99DE52D22421.jpg
Views: 2112
Size:  84.1 KB

Fresh back from zeroing. Factory stainless slide milled by ATEi, using the shim sight as BUIS. It doesn’t present so high now, which is quite nice.

Received my P2 from Strohman Enterprises in mid March. It's worked flawless so far after about 2500 rounds. Was looking through it yesterday and noticed some kind of lint-like material gathering in the interior of the optic. It hasn't received any damage/been used to clear malfunctions. Mailed it to Aimpoint Repair and they should receive it on Tues 7/5. Ill advise on how it goes. Tough to see the lint on the pic but here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Typical Alaska weather day, with light rain and cool temps all day. I shot my 19 with the Acro for an hour in the rain, out of a Safariland RDS holster, then used Stihl power tools for an hour plus in the rain, wearing the Acro. Rain and plant debris all over me. The willows and alders were encroaching onto our helipad.

Name:  389044E7-0E7B-4E19-B5B9-3F49EE3572F6.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  73.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I placed an order with Strohman two weeks ago, and this was the response I got: "We hope to be able to fulfill your order by the end of the summer." Good news is they're not charging my card until they are ready to ship.
    I was told the same thing. I'm not worried, the Strohman family has always taken excellent care of my needs.

I've got the Aimpoint factory adapter plate coming, and am going to drop it on a Sig 320 full-size X-carry. This thing shoots like a laser, I am very impressed.

It is not taking the place of my Langdon Beretta's for carry, but should be a terrific teaching gun. Not a slight on Aimpoint or Sig, I just love what Ernest did on these guns.

Just an update to my ACRO P2 issue. Aimpoint repair received my P2 on Tues 7/7. I went to my mailbox and there was a brand new P2 waiting for me. Pretty darn impressive customer service. Hopefully no problems with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
    Received my P2 from Strohman Enterprises in mid March. It's worked flawless so far after about 2500 rounds. Was looking through it yesterday and noticed some kind of lint-like material gathering in the interior of the optic. It hasn't received any damage/been used to clear malfunctions. Mailed it to Aimpoint Repair and they should receive it on Tues 7/5. Ill advise on how it goes. Tough to see the lint on the pic but here it is.
    I have one spec of the same stuff in the center of my rear lens. I'm going to wait to see if it gets worse. What material is this and where does it come from?

Good to hear (no surprise) that Aimpoint CS took care of you so quickly.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have one spec of the same stuff in the center of my rear lens. I'm going to wait to see if it gets worse. What material is this and where does it come from?

Good to hear (no surprise) that Aimpoint CS took care of you so quickly.
    Not sure. Aimpoints return slip just said "dirt in lens" and they issued me a new optic. It didn't appear to be dirt, more like lint. Hopefully no further issues.

User Tag List