Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @Clusterfrack: my understanding is that the Holosun 509, ACRO and Steiner MPS have different footprints, so I’m not sure how one would standardize.
    The solution is for the manufacturer to offer their new optic in multiple versions—with all the major footprints.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The solution is for the manufacturer to offer their new optic in multiple versions—with all the major footprints.
    Yes, in an ideal world! But I fear one would have little co-ordination between Sweden, Germany and China, to say nothing of the US. If we look at light rails on frames; Several initially, to include Glock, H&K and Picatinny(“M1913A1”). What eventually has sorted out is the 1913 rail.
    So, probably a government contract/specification would standardize. That would simplify the matter

Yes, in an ideal world! But I fear one would have little co-ordination between Sweden, Germany and China, to say nothing of the US. If we look at light rails on frames; Several initially, to include Glock, H&K and Picatinny(“M1913A1”). What eventually has sorted out is the 1913 rail.
    So, probably a government contract/specification would standardize. That would simplify the matter
    A Gov't contract would help. But I don't think it requires coordination--just good old capitalism. If instead of a MOS plate system, Glock used an Acro or 509 footprint, I'm confident the major optic companies would bring a compatible model to market. E.g. Holosun is already offering a MOS-direct mount, and there's speculation they may support other guns' proprietary plate footprints. A mounting system is a lot cheaper and simpler to develop and make than the optic itself.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My understanding is that Glock has samples in the field for US law enforcement(I don’t know about foreign agencies). They will be available to agencies only initially. Trijicon RMR, ACRO and Holosun 509 footprints available.

@Clusterfrack: my understanding is that the Holosun 509, ACRO and Steiner MPS have different footprints, so I’m not sure how one would standardize.

@TCinVA - thanks for the specific information. I had not even considered not assembling, and now will…

Edit to add: I think a Leupold Delta Point version also available.
    Thanks for the info. I sure hope they release them.

Cheers, Steve

Mine arrived today. Now I just have to buy a gun to mount it on.

Site Supporter
    Nope.

There is no sole “government contract”

Different parts of the government have specified different red dot systems mostly broken down into Clock users with MOS and SIG users including the M 17/18 with the DPP footprint specified in the MHS program.

When the MHS specifications were put out closed emitter Optics with crossbolt mounting systems were not a thing, at least not publicly or commercially.

The one thing we have seen come out of a potential government contract is an optic that direct mounts to the MOS system. While it is a common footprint and has the benefit of eliminating plates it is still inferior to a crossbow mounting system and not particularly applicable to closed emitter optics.

I just checked the Duracell battery on my P2, that has been on continuously two clicks below max brightness since mid to late December. Battery tester says 20 percent so I will change the battery. Seems like acceptable battery life.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just checked the Duracell battery on my P2, that has been on continuously two clicks below max brightness since mid to late December. Battery tester says 20 percent so I will change the battery. Seems like acceptable battery life.
    Thank you, @GJM. Your contribute a lot to the “community”. In line with this, mods may want a separate thread; my question is:

“Do we have a reasonable idea of battery life amongst the various manufacturers.”
    Here’s what I have gleaned:
    *Aimpoint, specifically P2: 6 months on a 2032, with some intensity management
    *Holosun 509T: 12 months on a 1632; assumption: the unit is under light on occasion for the solar assist.
    *Steiner MPS: 2 months reported, highest setting on a duty weapon. MPS does blink when approaching depletion.
    *Trijicon RMR2: 12 months on 2032, though I have not seen an actual report.

The P1 I believe with dedicated, consistent “power management” could go 2 months. I don’t think many, myself included, are up to daily management.
    I respectfully request data input. Thanks in advance

Is there a way for me to adjust the tension in the windage adjuster of my P-2 so that it clicks with more authority like the elevation adjuster?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    Is there a way for me to adjust the tension in the windage adjuster of my P-2 so that it clicks with more authority like the elevation adjuster?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Not that I know of(as a user). It’s a sealed unit.

User Tag List