Page 30 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Okay.. I see what you are looking at. I marked my screw with a paint pin and have a tad over 2k through mine. It looks just like yours and has been perfect. No movement or loss of zero. I do periodically check the screw with the included tool just to be safe but it hasn’t backed out. Few other guys using them as well with good results so far. Isn’t the Dawson plate steel vs. aluminum on the other?
    No idea, but after Dawson told me it wasn't meant for the P2 and it has that tilt I don't want to use it. The tilt drives me crazy as it looks like I am not holding my gun correctly. I always thought my 509T had the same tilt until I looked at this Acro. I am trying to get my hands on a p-1 locking block to see if it fits and will make the optic lock to the plate correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    No idea, but after Dawson told me it wasn't meant for the P2 and it has that tilt I don't want to use it. The tilt drives me crazy as it looks like I am not holding my gun correctly. I always thought my 509T had the same tilt until I looked at this Acro. I am trying to get my hands on a p-1 locking block to see if it fits and will make the optic lock to the plate correctly.
    You definitely have given me something to be watching for now. I would call Aimpoint CS and see what they can do for you. I’m certainly interested in the outcome.

Site Supporter
    I found the part number today, but they were already closed. Going to talk to them tomorrow and see if its in stock. They don't list it for sale on their website, but they should have some laying around. I also don't know if the locking gate from the P-1 will even work, but I am going to try it if they sell it to me.

https://www.aimpoint.com/products/sp...nt-acro-series

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    You definitely have given me something to be watching for now. I would call Aimpoint CS and see what they can do for you. I’m certainly interested in the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @newyork: I’ve had an ACRO-P1 first, now P2-on a GEN5 19MOS for years now. Usually rides in a JMCK IWB which I can’t say enough good things about. I’m big and a bit bulky, so I don’t work w/AIWB. I think it’s concealable FOR me at about 4 o’clock. YMMV.
    Plenty of folks are concerned with the mailbox shape; it tucks in fine, again, for me. The enclosed emitters are the way to go I believe…
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I use a JM aiwb 2.5. Little dude lol. 5’ 10” 165. Rmr on my m&P is no issue at all.
    I had the same exact question. I also use a JM AIWB 2.5, but I'm slightly little-er at 5'7 155.

I still don't have an RDS for my g19 MOS, but have been going back and forth on RMR vs ACRO. I haven't seen much on AIWB with the larger RDS (like ACRO and MPS). I've been meaning to start a thread on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    How is it carrying one of these mounted on a g19? Make it tough to conceal or not much of a change compared to an rmr?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    I had the same exact question. I also use a JM AIWB 2.5, but I'm slightly little-er at 5'7 155.

I still don't have an RDS for my g19 MOS, but have been going back and forth on RMR vs ACRO. I haven't seen much on AIWB with the larger RDS (like ACRO and MPS). I've been meaning to start a thread on the topic.
    Like everything else, I think this is going to be body-type dependent. If you have a flat stomach or larger pecs, I'm guessing it won't be an issue. In my case, while relatively slim at 6' 180lbs and a 33" waist, I still have a little bit of a gut. I carry in a Phlster Floodlight with a decent-sized wedge, but the part of the gun that prints the most for me is the right rear corner of the slide, or, in the case of the ACRO, the right rear corner of the optic. On an open-emitter optic, that is empty space and a non-issue. On an RMR or 508T, for example, the taller portion of the optic sits just above my beltline and doesn't print. An ACRO is still fairly concealable for me based on how I dress, but it does print more than my 508s, so I generally relegate the ACRO to using a duty rig while the 508 is my preference for concealment. If pictures would be helpful, let me know... but again, everyone's body is different and what is true for me may not be true for others.

Thank you for that!

Site Supporter
    Talked with aimpoint about ordering the P-1 locking gate, they said they will send me one for free. I will post back here if it works and allows proper connection with the duo plate.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I found the part number today, but they were already closed. Going to talk to them tomorrow and see if its in stock. They don't list it for sale on their website, but they should have some laying around. I also don't know if the locking gate from the P-1 will even work, but I am going to try it if they sell it to me.

https://www.aimpoint.com/products/sp...nt-acro-series

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Like everything else, I think this is going to be body-type dependent. If you have a flat stomach or larger pecs, I'm guessing it won't be an issue. In my case, while relatively slim at 6' 180lbs and a 33" waist, I still have a little bit of a gut. I carry in a Phlster Floodlight with a decent-sized wedge, but the part of the gun that prints the most for me is the right rear corner of the slide, or, in the case of the ACRO, the right rear corner of the optic. On an open-emitter optic, that is empty space and a non-issue. On an RMR or 508T, for example, the taller portion of the optic sits just above my beltline and doesn't print. An ACRO is still fairly concealable for me based on how I dress, but it does print more than my 508s, so I generally relegate the ACRO to using a duty rig while the 508 is my preference for concealment. If pictures would be helpful, let me know... but again, everyone's body is different and what is true for me may not be true for others.
    I’m not a big guy, but have a narrow waist (31”) and reasonably big pecs. Otherwise I would not be able to pull this off:

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My P2 showed up at the office yesterday. Immediately took it outside into the Arizona sun: like others have mentioned, the settings seem to be a step up from the P1. I found 2 down from the top setting was sufficient at the brightest part of the day, even when looking at a tan building and a white car. 3 down (7 I believe?) was useable, but you’d have to hunt for the dot. I plan to use 8 as my default setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    My P2 showed up at the office yesterday. Immediately took it outside into the Arizona sun: like others have mentioned, the settings seem to be a step up from the P1. I found 2 down from the top setting was sufficient at the brightest part of the day, even when looking at a tan building and a white car. 3 down (7 I believe?) was useable, but you’d have to hunt for the dot. I plan to use 8 as my default setting.
    Also an AZ user.

I have found mine is "happiest" down 1 from max brightness when outside. Down 2 works but it isn't as immediately eye catching as down 1.

Personal preference most likely. The dot has a little bit of bloom at down 1 and is likely overkill indoors.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List