Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

I’m starting to see tan P-2’s being offered for sale from a couple vendors…what’s the scoop? Are these special runs or is this going to be a catalog item?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Not propaganda if it's true!
    I would call it a very solid argument in favor of selecting that particular product.

Any chance of a version with auto-adjust? The two optics I have on serious pistols are RMR's and auto-adjust is a big reason for that selection. However, a closed emitter, a battery that is accessible without removing the opitc, and less distortion when looking through the lens makes the Acro attractive.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would call it a very solid argument in favor of selecting that particular product.

Any chance of a version with auto-adjust? The two optics I have on serious pistols are RMR's and auto-adjust is a big reason for that selection. However, a closed emitter, a battery that is accessible without removing the opitc, and less distortion when looking through the lens makes the Acro attractive.
    A good auto adjust might be worthwhile if it’s optional.

auto adjust only brings its own set of problems.

It’s also been my experience that auto adjust seems to work better under rail, world conditions with larger dots.

The P2 currently only comes with one dot size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A good auto adjust might be worthwhile if it’s optional.

auto adjust only brings its own set of problems.

It’s also been my experience that auto adjust seems to work better under rail, world conditions with larger dots.

The P2 currently only comes with one dot size.
    When I set an optic so that I can see the dot in bright sunlight, I end up looking at a big red window in low light. If I am carrying concealed, I want to have as few reasons as possible to touch the gun. Even if less than perfect, auto-adjust goes a long way towards eliminating a need to touch the gun.

I completely agree about large dots, and both of my RMR's have 6.5 MOA dots. If starting with an optic that is currently offered only with a 3 MOA dot, the disadvantage of the small dot could likely be eliminated by changing the calibration of brightness setting in response to sensed light. Since this calibration would have to be engineered initially regardless of dot size, it may be simpler to do this engineering and keep offering the smaller dot.

@Wayne Dobbs, I am very serious when I say that I like many things about the ACRO P2, but the lack of auto-adjust currently has me passing up the ACRO in favor of an open-emitter optic with very noticeable and frustrating distortion through the lens and which requires removal and re-sighting in after a battery change. I will hazard a guess that I am not the only customer (I have an Aimpoint ACO on every AR) who places that value on an auto-adjust for a pistol mounted optic.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Generally, I have not found auto intensity adjusting pistol optics to meet my needs for competition or carry. The RMR 6.5 and the RMSc being the exceptions. I haven't tested the new big RMR or the Holosun SCS, although their auto adjust is supposed to be good. I generally go one click down from max brightness in manual mode and live with that for my carry guns.

A first, today two shooters in our squad had Acros. Each a P2, one on a Staccato and the other on a Glock 34. Both guns ran throughout the match, except the Glock in the support hand only string of the classifier. The Glock/Acro guy had two stoppages one hand only, shooting factory ammo, in six shots.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Auto-adjust would be a hard no for me...especially on a “working” gun. Aimpoint got the P-2 right, I just want a tan one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Auto-adjust would be a hard no for me...especially on a “working” gun. Aimpoint got the P-2 right, I just want a tan one.
    Wait a few days....;-)
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Niiiiice…I emailed Strohman a couple days ago to see if they could get me one. Looks like I’ll be spending some $ next week. Thanks Wayne!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Not propaganda if it's true!
    That's quite a testament to how tight that thing is. What I'm having a harder time with is getting my head wrapped around 56 hours of scouring the bottom of a rapidly flowing zero vis river and actually finding anything.

What’s the plate everyone is using for MOS glocks?
    **OK**

User Tag List