Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Aimpoint ACRO propaganda

https://aimpoint.us/news-updates/sur...vE-XvQDs6L4OKg

Not propaganda if it's true!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Not propaganda if it's true!
    I am not meaning to use propaganda in a negative way in this instance but rather as a word to describe the dissemination of information that pushes a particular message or point of view.

I am not meaning to use propaganda in a negative way in this instance but rather as a word to describe the dissemination of information that pushes a particular message or point of view.

You chose poorly. Propaganda, by definition, is biased information that is designed to mislead. It always carries a negative connotation, because it distorts facts and contains hyperbole at best, and frequently contains outright misinformation.

The account on the Aimpoint website is of an actual incident and is at worst, advertising. It’s based upon a factual event, and I did not see any evidence of falsehood or misinformation.

Big difference and a charged term no matter what you do to try to justify it.

Long gun use

I was gifted(!) an Acro P-2.

Thinking of putting it on a rifle (probably an AUG) as a lightweight primary optic.

Any feedback/ideas/experiences on this appreciated.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    You chose poorly. Propaganda, by definition, is biased information that is designed to mislead. It always carries a negative connotation, because it distorts facts and contains hyperbole at best, and frequently contains outright misinformation.

The account on the Aimpoint website is of an actual incident and is at worst, advertising. It’s based upon a factual event, and I did not see any evidence of falsehood or misinformation.

Big difference and a charged term no matter what you do to try to justify it.
    I'm sorry you don't like my post. Please feel free to ignore it.

Aimpoint ACRO propaganda

https://aimpoint.us/news-updates/sur...vE-XvQDs6L4OKg

90 days on the bottom and still running, that is impressive and frankly not surprising for a p2. I would definitely feature that in my advertising.

Focus on 90 days. If it were a P1, and it was on full bright, it would have needed three battery changes to still be on. If Trijicon, a new product could be announced and in 90 days still not be shipping. Holosun would have had two brand new products and a third rumored on Instagram. In 90 days, Sig Optics would have won two new military contracts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    90 days on the bottom and still running, that is impressive and frankly not surprising for a p2. I would definitely feature that in my advertising.

Focus on 90 days. If it were a P1, and it was on full bright, it would have needed three battery changes to still be on. If Trijicon, a new product could be announced and in 90 days still not be shipping. Holosun would have had two brand new products and a third rumored on Instagram. In 90 days, Sig Optics would have won two new military contracts.

I am excited to see how the ACRO works for my agency. It will likely be some months yet before we are able to start issuing these in decent quantity but I'm confident these will prove to be a solid and reliable product.

I do find it somewhat amusing that many people still like the EOTech and don't mind that it eats batteries, relatively speaking. Or their 1,000 lumen flashlight only has an hour run time before batteries go on the charger or in the trash yet the pistol red dot must last five years.

I don't know what's going on with the RCR. Has anyone heard anything about the delay? Has Trijicon been awarded a contract that has soaked up all the production or has there been some sort of QC problem identified that needs to be resolved? There have been several shipments of RMR HDs but so far no RCRs other than the initial shipments to influencers. My RCR pre-order through Primary Arms still shows mid-December for expected shipping. I guess that's December 2024?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post

Thinking of putting it on a rifle (probably an AUG) as a lightweight primary optic.

Will it work as a primary rifle optic ? Yes.

Optimal ? No.

AUG specific - make sure the mount you choose is either reversible or has minimalist levers or bolts on the left side as it’s quite close to the path of the charging handle.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post

Let me be the first to say that, if you decide the P2 doesn't fit your needs, I'd be happy to make you a few bucks on it... I have one of the LE model M&P 2.0 with the factory ACRO cuts that's naked at the moment, and I'm saving my pennies to be able to pick one up and compare it to my RMRs.

Frankly, I don't really NEED the robustness that the Acro should provide, but I wanted to try an enclosed optic and the price was right on the M&P, so I went for it. The 509T gets rave reviews and I probably would have been happy with one, but here we are. Doesn't hurt that I'm a huge fanboi of Aimpoint's other products overall, but we'll see if I can conceal both a pistol and a small mailbox AIWB at the same time lol.

User Tag List