Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Not that I know of(as a user). It’s a sealed unit.
    Thank you, 1Rangemaster.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Name:  CDE9FA99-B641-44A4-9252-7E9BCEE1AB09.jpg
Views: 4114
Size:  72.1 KB

Moved my P2 from a G17MOS to this G45MOS with the Mayhem comp…it will be staying there. It shoots extremely soft and I’m pretty impressed with its capabilities.

Cousins

Name:  A1424147-F4CE-4C26-8670-73BD7E1A743F.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  59.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I tried my Mayhem comp on one of my G19 and it worked but didn’t impress me as much as on a full size gun. Maybe it was because I use almost exclusively 147gr ammo? But that is a super rad setup though…Now I need one of those TD windows for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I did return the DUO plate to dawson and their customer service said they were coming out with a plate that would work with both the P-2 and P-1 soon. They said "next week" but I know how that goes. I think at this point I am just going to stick with the DPP as I don't want to have to zero another red dot.
    I discovered that the ACRO's mounting clamp could be causing the issue rather than the CHPWS plate. I tried using a clamp from a different P2, and sure enough the optic locks securely onto the CHPWS plate. The ACRO that doesn't fit on the CHPWS plate fits just fine on one of my milled slides, so it's likely a tolerance stacking issue between the plate and the clamp. I contacted Aimpoint and they're sending me another clamp.

Site Supporter
    I tried two different clamps and both kinds of screws (acro type 1 and 2 the clamp is actually the same for both models). They didn't work. I can't exactly keep buying or getting clamps from aimpoint until I find one that works with the specific plate I had. CHPWS made it sound like a known issue so its totally the plate's fault in my opinion. I am still waiting to hear what they are going to do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I discovered that the ACRO's mounting clamp could be causing the issue rather than the CHPWS plate. I tried using a clamp from a different P2, and sure enough the optic locks securely onto the CHPWS plate. The ACRO that doesn't fit on the CHPWS plate fits just fine on one of my milled slides, so it's likely a tolerance stacking issue between the plate and the clamp. I contacted Aimpoint and they're sending me another clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I tried two different clamps and both kinds of screws (acro type 1 and 2 the clamp is actually the same for both models). They didn't work. I can't exactly keep buying or getting clamps from aimpoint until I find one that works with the specific plate I had. CHPWS made it sound like a known issue so its totally the plate's fault in my opinion. I am still waiting to hear what they are going to do for me.
    Weird. I would try calling CHPWS. They don't seem to respond to emails very well, but when I called to exchange my plate when I originally had a problem, the person was very helpful and sent the replacement out immediately.

Site Supporter
    They are in the process of getting back to me. Already spoke with them. They said they would return the plate or they would mount plates on their staccato until they found one that locked up solid and send that to me. I told them I not only want to return the plate but I want them to pay return shipping because I feel like they didn't adequately test their product and I am a beta tester. Might be a bit over the top but I had called them prior to buying the plate and had them confirm it does work with the acro P2, which even though they said it does is very hit or miss. They still haven't confirmed what they are willing to do yet.

**edited to day** I also had a horrible experience with their holosun 509T plate which is where a lot of the issue comes from with me being so pissed about this product. Because the DUO plate isn't an option I was stuck with CHPWS being the only option. After their assurances it worked I forked over the cash only to be screwed again.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Weird. I would try calling CHPWS. They don't seem to respond to emails very well, but when I called to exchange my plate when I originally had a problem, the person was very helpful and sent the replacement out immediately.

"I discovered that the ACRO's mounting clamp could be causing the issue rather than the CHPWS plate."

When you are CompanyA, and are trying to make something that will work with CompanyB's widget, CompanyB may not tell you what their tolerances are. So you go buy a dozen widgets and measure them, and make your part so it will work with that range of dimensions. But a dozen isn't a very large sample size, or CompanyB might even change their dimensions over time, so only long experience will let you know what dimensions actually work for your part.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Thank you,

The P1 I believe with dedicated, consistent “power management” could go 2 months. I don’t think many, myself included, are up to daily management.
    I respectfully request data input. Thanks in advance
    Alternatively, Aimpoint will claim they developed the Acro P1 as a specialized night vision optimized optic, and the battery lasts five years.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List