Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

I zeroed the Acro on the Rattler today, worked great. The big surprise was how well it worked with a magnifier. I was using an Eotech 3x to help with a zero at 50 yards. The dot looked awesome through the magnifier, better than the Eotech EXPS and Holosun AEMS I also used the magnifier with. I shot steel to 300 with the Rattler.

Name:  IMG_7504.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  83.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I zeroed the Acro on the Rattler today, worked great. The big surprise was how well it worked with a magnifier. I was using an Eotech 3x to help with a zero at 50 yards. The dot looked awesome through the magnifier, better than the Eotech EXPS and Holosun AEMS I also used the magnifier with. I shot steel to 300 with the Rattler.
    Better than an EOTech? Really? That's really surprising.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Better than an EOTech? Really? That's really surprising.
    Big surprise to me, and two rifles I shot today had an EXPS on them. Something about the character and size of the P2's dot allowed me to turn it down, but I could still look right through it, helping to target focus. I never liked an Aimpoint micro with a magnifier, but the Acro was awesome. There is also less stuff (rheostat, adjustments) on the Acro blocking down range.

Another data point for a direct milled Glock slide.

G45 milled by Battlewerx with rear sights forward. The .200 front / .276 rear Ameriglo sights are visible, but maybe 1/6 co-witness.

Per Battlewerx, they call using a .250 front / .325 rear = 1/4 co-witness. This is effectively what I am using. The only reason I switched from the Ameriglos was my rear Ameriglo which I already bent the dovetail (maybe it was on a G34 MOS in the past) was moving in the slide.

The brand new 10-8 was very very tight. I have never had to turn the sight tool that hard before.... and maybe should have taken material off. Its not going anywhere, even with the set screw.

@rayrevolver suggested we post mill jobs for height/depth reference - I think that’s a great idea.

This is a Talo direct milled G45, which has the cut to the bottom of the slide radius:

Name:  IMG_0463.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  101.9 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Battlewerx Acro direct mill.

Per their page:
    OPTIC CUT DEPTH OF .215"
    https://www.battlewerx.com/aimpoint-...tic-cut-glock/

For reference, I cannot use the older Tangodown protector (AALG-001) as it hits the 10-8 rear, but also looks like to optic is too deep. Note I couldn't use the TD protector on a Staccato DPO with a CHPWS plate either. Just saw that TD makes a newer one for milled slides.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Just saw that TD makes a newer one for milled slides.
    I have one of the new ones on my milled G45 just above your post.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I was shooting a match with a friend on Sunday, that tried hard to compete with his CBP issued Acro and Glock. Despite being an extremely talented shooter, he really disliked the Acro for competition. The thought was Aimpoint should have included a caution in the manual that says the Acro was not designed to be used with a timer.

What was his issue? The smaller window?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was shooting a match with a friend on Sunday, that tried hard to compete with his CBP issued Acro and Glock. Despite being an extremely talented shooter, he really disliked the Acro for competition. The thought was Aimpoint should have included a caution in the manual that says the Acro was not designed to be used with a timer.
    I agree I can't stand the small window, BUT my buddy shot 120+ on a Rogers test with one, so good shooting can be done.

User Tag List