Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Site Supporter
    CHPWS reached out and let me know their engineers agreed the rear screw was too long and they are sending me out a new one. Hopefully this takes care of the issue with the optic not locking down as they no longer use the o rings. I hope it works as I don't like the way the optic is leaning on the DUO plate.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I got the p-1 locking block today. It is exactly the same as the P-2, it just has a different locking screw. It does the same thing with the DUO plate where it is canted to the side. I picked a new CHPWS acro plate. While the P-2 sits on it evenly, it will not lock down and it rattles around. The box said it comes with two mounting screws and two o rings, but there were no o-rings in the box and there is a third screw that if installed helps to lock down the p-2, but keeps your firing pin from working. I am going to connect with CHPWS and see what they say, but I have a feeling I am up shit creek until Dawson comes out with a acro p-2 plate, or CHPWS can help.

I ordered a CHPWS Acro plate (3 screws), too, since I wanted to compare it to the Dawson plate. The P-2 sits a little lower on the CHPWS plate. It's thinner than the Dawson plate.

Rear sight on the Dawson can be drifted to adjust windage. CHPWS rear sight is fixed.

Tried out the Acro on CHPWS at the range this morning. After about 25 rounds, I noticed that the Acro was loose, but the mounting screw was still fully tightened and the plate was secure. Switched to the Dawson plate. After about 100 rounds, the Acro was still secure. Neither Dawson or CHPWS had o-rings installed. The CHPWS didn't come with any. I also have their older, single screw version. It came with o-rings, but I couldn't figure out where to put them. The Dawson has divots where the o-rings are pre-installed. I removed them in order for the Acro to sit flush.

Here's a weird observation:
    When the P-2 is held in place with my fingers on the Dawson plate, it sits flush, but when it's secured with the mounting wedge and screw tightened, it's raised up with a gap about the thickness of a average business card.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    These are the same issues I outlined previously in this thread. I am surprised you could get the CHPWS plate installed, unless they are already shipping out the shorter rear screws (CHPWS is sending me one so I am waiting on that. I was able to get the ACRO Zeroed today using the Dawson plate, but it looks weird as its obviously askew as you mentioned. I am really hoping the new CHPWS screw works and the ACRO will still flush and stay tight. Personally I wish that that DUO plate would allow it to sit flush, but I am not sure what Dawson is doing in regards to the Acro P-2 as when I called them they told me that their current plate is not meant to work with the Acro P-2.

Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    I ordered a CHPWS Acro plate (3 screws), too, since I wanted to compare it to the Dawson plate. The P-2 sits a little lower on the CHPWS plate. It's thinner than the Dawson plate.

Rear sight on the Dawson can be drifted to adjust windage. CHPWS rear sight is fixed.

Tried out the Acro on CHPWS at the range this morning. After about 25 rounds, I noticed that the Acro was loose, but the mounting screw was still fully tightened and the plate was secure. Switched to the Dawson plate. After about 100 rounds, the Acro was still secure. Neither Dawson or CHPWS had o-rings installed. The CHPWS didn't come with any. I also have their older, single screw version. It came with o-rings, but I couldn't figure out where to put them. The Dawson has divots where the o-rings are pre-installed. I removed them in order for the Acro to sit flush.

Here's a weird observation:
    When the P-2 is held in place with my fingers on the Dawson plate, it sits flush, but when it's secured with the mounting wedge and screw tightened, it's raised up with a gap about the thickness of a average business card.

Rathos, I read about the long CHPWS screw. Mine was still interfering with the firing pin so I secured it with electrical tape onto a hex wrench and trimmed it down with a benchtop disc grinder. Tightened the shortened screw down and pressed the firing to check for clearance. Good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    These are the same issues I outlined previously in this thread. I am surprised you could get the CHPWS plate installed, unless they are already shipping out the shorter rear screws (CHPWS is sending me one so I am waiting on that. I was able to get the ACRO Zeroed today using the Dawson plate, but it looks weird as its obviously askew as you mentioned. I am really hoping the new CHPWS screw works and the ACRO will still flush and stay tight. Personally I wish that that DUO plate would allow it to sit flush, but I am not sure what Dawson is doing in regards to the Acro P-2 as when I called them they told me that their current plate is not meant to work with the Acro P-2.
    Dawson is re engineering the Acro plate. They are on the third re-do is what I have been told. They are saying a couple of weeks.... but you all know how that goes. There are other plates from great companies in the works as well.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Dawson is re engineering the Acro plate. They are on the third re-do is what I have been told. They are saying a couple of weeks.... but you all know how that goes. There are other plates from great companies in the works as well.
    B&T has secure Aimpoint ACRO mounting bases for use with the SIG Sauer P320 and Walther PPQ Q4 and Q5.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Thanks! Wasn't in stock when I originally saw this, but checked again about 20 minutes later and it was in stock and I was able to snag one.

Edit: Shows out of stock now.

T-Rex arms sent out an email earlier this week saying they'll have ~40 available for purchase at 10am central time today.

Does anyone have a starting sight height for front and rear irons with the ACRO on a Glock 45? I'll be using the Tango Down / Forward Controls plate.

A local gun shop is building up a batch of 17.5s for a local agency, and with a CHPWS plate, I believe Aimpoint informed them to use .280 rear and .285 front on those.

I can see the .280 rear being an easy choice, not sure if anyone has a recommendation for a front or a set they have run?

Aimpoint ACRO P-2

@JakeB I’m using Ameriglo GL-429s on my MOS models (45s and 19s) with the FCD plate and they are perfect.

I can snap a picture of the sight picture in a bit if you’d like.

User Tag List