Thread: Steiner MPS heads up

Site Supporter

Steiner MPS heads up

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone getting a Steiner MPS. I recently got a new one as I liked the original so much I wanted all of my staccatos to have the same red dot. However on install when I tried to torque it to the recommended 22 inch pounds the screw snapped. Steiner was great about a repair, and they advised me they changed up the foot and now only recommend 16-18 inch pounds. I guess I didn't have the same issue on the first because I replaced the foot with the apex improved kit. So if you get an MPS only torque it to 16-18 inch pounds instead of the recommendation in the manual.

Thank you sir!

I literally re-tightened mine today to 22 in-lbs before seeing this thread. Fortunately, there were no issues. The ACRO P2 allows torque up to 3 N*m which is roughly 26 in-lbs. Funny, I always got the sense that my ACRO P2 was just a bit sturdier than my MPS…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    I didn't have any issues with the apex shoe, but the stock one snapped the screw. The acro does seem to have a better foot, but it sticks out quite a bit more for concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I literally re-tightened mine today to 22 in-lbs before seeing this thread. Fortunately, there were no issues. The ACRO P2 allows torque up to 3 N*m which is roughly 26 in-lbs. Funny, I always got the sense that my ACRO P2 was just a bit sturdier than my MPS…

User Tag List