Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Just back from the range. After my practice session with an SRO, went to zero the new Steiner. Short story is that it won't hold a windage zero. Need to call their CS-- disappointing as there is a lot to like about this optic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Google tells me the capacity of the 1632 should be a little over double that of the 1225 so I’m hopeful for a similar increase in battery life
    You can get a decent relative difference in the capacity of various coin style batteries with some simple math and knowledge of the scheme on the battery number designation. So, take the standard 2032 battery and know that the first two numbers are the diameter of the battery in millimeters, while the second two numbers are to have a decimal point between them and are the thickness in millimeters of the battery.

Thus, a 2032's relative capacity is the standard circle area formula (pi x radius squared) x thickness. So, a 2032's relative volume is 10 x 10 x 3.1416 x 3.2 = 1005.312

A 1225 is 6 x 6 x 3.1416 x 2.5 = 282.744, which makes the 2032 have about 3.55 times the capacity of the 1225. Hope this is useful!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just back from the range. After my practice session with an SRO, went to zero the new Steiner. Short story is that it won't hold a windage zero. Need to call their CS-- disappointing as there is a lot to like about this optic.
    That cools my enthusiasm a little bit. Will wait until they have more field testing til I spring for one. Was thinking of flipping at least one P-1 for one of these, now glad I waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    You can get a decent relative difference in the capacity of various coin style batteries with some simple math and knowledge of the scheme on the battery number designation. So, take the standard 2032 battery and know that the first two numbers are the diameter of the battery in millimeters, while the second two numbers are to have a decimal point between them and are the thickness in millimeters of the battery.

Thus, a 2032's relative capacity is the standard circle area formula (pi x radius squared) x thickness. So, a 2032's relative volume is 10 x 10 x 3.1416 x 3.2 = 1005.312

A 1225 is 6 x 6 x 3.1416 x 2.5 = 282.744, which makes the 2032 have about 3.55 times the capacity of the 1225. Hope this is useful!
    Until now I just assumed like all of the other things I have learned to memorize it was an entirely arbitary collection of digits... thanks for the enlightenment!
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-06-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    That cools my enthusiasm a little bit. Will wait until they have more field testing til I spring for one. Was thinking of flipping at least one P-1 for one of these, now glad I waited.

Until now I just assumed like all of the other things I have learned to memorize it was an entirely arbitary collection of digits... thanks for the enlightenment!
    The Steiner is an unknown at this point, and the P2 has been 30 days off for months, so I wouldn't get rid of a P1 now.

FWIW I just got an email from Aimpoint saying the P2 is in stock.

https://aimpoint.us/acro-p-2-red-dot...-5-moa-200691/

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post

Thanks for this, I just got one! I called CS there to confirm, and they got 100, put them out this morning, and are down to 50. Well, make that 49.

Snagged one as well. Called to verify. GTG!

Figures. I gave up and bought something else last week.

I got it too, and will follow up with my seller. Finally!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

One would hope that they shipped the product to the distributors so those of us who have had one on order FOR MONTHS can expect to see them sometime before we get a new fucking presidential administration.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List