Page 20 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

That web drop was a serious dick move.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Am I off base wondering about the veracity of “COVID delays”? P2s have been available in steady, if somewhat limited, numbers in the Euro market, plus the new Duty (T2 lite) model seems to be freely shipping.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I backordered a P2 and ordered a couple silencers last summer, within a couple weeks of each other. At this rate, I'm going to get the silencers first.

Yep. I'm right at seven months through Kenzie's

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Well, ain't that a fucking peach. Ain't blaming Strohman, but now I'm seriously irked at the Aimpoint webstore drop.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Am I off base wondering about the veracity of “COVID delays”? P2s have been available in steady, if somewhat limited, numbers in the Euro market, plus the new Duty (T2 lite) model seems to be freely shipping.
    ^^^^^ This, all of this ^^^^^

Kind of takes away from the explanations.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I'm sure that's what Aimpoint's line to retailers is.

The fact that every "influencer" out there seems to have their hands on one would indicate that perhaps their allocation strategies given production constraints need to be reexamined.

I mean, it's cool to have an in-demand product.

It's not as cool when people who ordered one as soon as they released the thing and who already own multiple Aimpoint products are at the point of "Fuck this, I'll just buy Holosun from now on."
    Last edited by TCinVA; 02-03-2022 at 07:37 AM.
    3/15/2016

If I were one of Aimpoint’s bigger retailers that was sitting on a pile of preorders, I’d be especially pissed at the web store drop. 100 units isn’t much, but the message it sent sucks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

At the rate Holosun is going, wouldn't surprise me if they release something in an ACRO footprint + 2032 before the P-2 becomes readily available.

More annoying news, Strohman has informed me that there are currently no plans to bring over the clear flip covers for the P-2. Maybe I should get my friend that's in Europe to snag me a few while she's there, maybe even a P-2 itself (would this breaking any export laws?). I really don't want to have to buy a T-2 just to get the clear flip covers.

I received my P2 in that first batch just before Christmas. I turned it on to two clicks below max, and have left it on ever since. Just pulled the battery (Duracell) and tested it -- it still shows at 100 percent. That is promising on battery life on the P2.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List