Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
    Anybody have any info on an Acro P2 recall? I just read on article on VDMSR.COM about the P2 glass cracking during shooting.
    It looks like they’ve had 10 total broken windows in the history of the optic (according to that article and his sources - I have no idea) and emailing aimpoint answered about his serial number not being affected. If I had an ACRO P2 - I’d just send in my serial number to customer service and ask if you were affected and if there is a recall.

http://www.vdmsr.com/2022/05/the-cur...d-rds.html?m=1

ETA:

It appears none of the ones delivered to Strohman Enterprises were affected and I think a number of folks here would fall in that category.

I just confirmed with Aimpoint that none of the
    P2's sold to us or drop shipped to any of our
    agencies were in that category.
    The recall is being taken care of and does not
    apply to any of our customers.
    I misspoke in the initial post - he emailed Strohman.
    Last edited by BWT; 06-01-2022 at 06:12 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    Thank you, CDFIII. I wonder why 3 more o-rings were added to the bottom of the mount. The rear sight no longer has a retaining screw. Can it still be drifted? Good catch on the screw contacting the extractor!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Not sure on the additional O rings. My guess isto curb any movement, they also added some bosses. The rear is now adjustable via a two screw windage adjustment system.

Pictures please of an Acro on a Sig P365X or XL if you have one.

ACRO P-2 on G19.5 MOS with TangoDown plate. Feeling a lot of ejected case hits on the P2 during cycling. Odd since I've never had brass to face or as many hits when running RMR/509T. Maybe the extra weight is changing the timing/ejection?

I have Glock 34 Gen5 with a ACRO P-2 mounted on a TD plate. The setup is new and about two months old. I have approximately 1500 rounds through it. So far I have no mounting or optic issues…knock on wood. Sighting in at 25 yards was fairly easy. With the setup I notice it doesn’t feed 114gr ammo reliably. With 124gr and 147gr I have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    ACRO P-2 on G19.5 MOS with TangoDown plate. Feeling a lot of ejected case hits on the P2 during cycling. Odd since I've never had brass to face or as many hits when running RMR/509T. Maybe the extra weight is changing the timing/ejection?
    Could be, given that it weighs about 1.2 ounces more than an RMR on an equivalent plate. Just as a starting point: What bullet mass are you running, and have you tried other bullet weights to see if that is related?

Site Supporter
    Pictures please of an Acro on a Sig P365X or XL if you have one.

??

The ACRO is a “full sized” pistol optic. It would be wider than the slide on a slim pistol slide such as a SIG P365 series or Glock 43/43X/48.

Nor am I aware of anyone making an adaptor plate to mount an ACRO on a P365 series gun.

The best option for a P365X or XL optic at this time is the Holosun 407K.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Could be, given that it weighs about 1.2 ounces more than an RMR on an equivalent plate. Just as a starting point: What bullet mass are you running, and have you tried other bullet weights to see if that is related?
    I’m a 147 in everything guy but I’ll try some 124 or 124+p to see what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ??

The ACRO is a “full sized” pistol optic. It would be wider than the slide on a slim pistol slide such as a SIG P365 series or Glock 43/43X/48.

Nor am I aware of anyone making an adaptor plate to mount an ACRO on a P365 series gun.

The best option for a P365X or XL optic at this time is the Holosun 407K.
    I'm curious about it because Vulcan Machine Werks offers slide cut service for the P365...

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/sig-s...mpoint-optics/

Site Supporter
    I'm curious about it because Vulcan Machine Werks offers slide cut service for the P365...

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/sig-s...mpoint-optics/

It’s on there drop-down menu but if you try to select P 365 with aimpoint P1/P2 optic it says the selected combo is not available.

Name:  B30FEA26-A325-4657-96E1-B947387E67F9.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  16.4 KB

You might want to contact them and see if it’s an oversight.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-05-2022 at 10:40 PM.

User Tag List