Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Attachment 82983Attachment 82982Tango Down has a lens guard for the P2. Here it is on my P2.

Attachment 82984

Attachment 82985

What's your impression of the P2 so far outside the battery life which is TBD? Is the smaller window an issue?
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I am not GJM, but we have had a T&E sample for several months now. The glass “seems” clearer, and the led dot a little more intense; for example, level 7 on a P2 is like 8 on a P1. I have not noticed any degradation, and it’s my preference for a sight on a carry piece-on my carry 19 now.

Where did you find that P2 lens cap? I don’t see it anywhere on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
    Where did you find that P2 lens cap? I don’t see it anywhere on their website.
    If you’re asking about the guard-it’s a frame that protects the lens-I would call or email Tango Down. My understanding is they are getting ready to announce…

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    If you’re asking about the guard-it’s a frame that protects the lens-I would call or email Tango Down. My understanding is they are getting ready to announce…
    Already tried. They said "watch the website."

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I am not GJM, but we have had a T&E sample for several months now. The glass “seems” clearer, and the led dot a little more intense; for example, level 7 on a P2 is like 8 on a P1. I have not noticed any degradation, and it’s my preference for a sight on a carry piece-on my carry 19 now.
    How was battery life on your sample? Exceeding the P1?

Same question to other long term T&E folks.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

We're at six months on usable settings. I just ran mine teaching a two-day pistol optic class where it rained most of the first day. No issues or complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Attachment 82983Attachment 82982Tango Down has a lens guard for the P2. Here it is on my P2.

Attachment 82984

Attachment 82985
    Is that really necessary? I mean I could see it on Glock's that eject poorly but for guns with flawless robust ejection to the right it seems superfluous to me. Especially considering Aimpoint's warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Is that really necessary?
    For him, probably.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....48#post1269048
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

We’ve had ours right at 6 months. It has not been “on” constantly; when stored, unit is turned off. I would hazard about 4 months of being on, at levels 7-9. The higher level only for a few hours in bright sun(goes to level 10). It has a 2032 battery; the P1 takes a 2025. When I ran a P1, I changed the battery every 30-60 days, and was religious about powering off at night, over weekends, etc. Personally, on a P2 I would change the battery between 9-12 months. It’s a little less stressful with the P2. Care must be taken with the battery cap, as others have noted. Hope this helps.

@Thy.Will.Be.Done: I don’t think the guard is an absolute need to have, but it’s nice to have. The ACRO is an expensive bit of kit, and a little more protection isn’t unreasonable. YMMV.

User Tag List