Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

I am now on my second Acro P2 unfortunately and probably the third soon if Aimpoint will warranty this one. My first lost it's dot just before i hit 200 rds. I then had to turn it on after every round because it would shut off. In fairness Aimpoint sent me a replacement very quickly. Just got my second one in tonight and mounted it on my pistol. So far so good but then I install the battery and screw on the battery cap by hand. Ever so carefully to mind the threads and proceed to tighten up the cap with supplied plastic tool. Low and behold my cap is warped or machined incorrectly and pushes the o ring out the side of the optic leaving a gap. Just my luck! Not a dig at Aimpoint because they have been great so far. I am determined to get a working one eventually.
    Name:  4F1BA521-4A6F-4282-9D6F-C04EEB94A578.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  34.1 KB
    Last edited by CDFIII; 01-07-2022 at 11:07 PM.

When I queried Strohman a few days ago, they were expecting to ship by the end of the month, at least for my order, which I had put in basically the day the P-2 was announced. Hopefully that timeline shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    screw on the battery cap by hand. Ever so carefully to mind the threads and proceed to tighten up the cap with supplied plastic tool.
    I’ve had that issue on gaskets before and it’s generally not a problem with the cap.

It’s binding / friction of the rubber ring on the metal cap.

If you have silicone grease you can lube the O-ring lightly and try that.

Post up if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’ve had that issue on gaskets before and it’s generally not a problem with the cap.

It’s binding / friction of the rubber ring on the metal cap.

If you have silicone grease you can lube the O-ring lightly and try that.

Post up if that works.
    I understand that can happen but this isn't what the issue is. I removed the cap and it isn't flat. it has issues and my calipers are showing it. I want it to be right but unfortunately its not. Just by looking at it it resembles a penny after being put on the railroad tracks. I attached a pic. not great but you can see its not quite right.
    Name:  A6300CB9-B1CB-4EE8-8FF4-D003EA0DDA23.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  18.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    I understand that can happen but this isn't what the issue is. I removed the cap and it isn't flat. it has issues and my calipers are showing it. I want it to be right but unfortunately its not. Just by looking at it it resembles a penny after being put on the railroad tracks. I attached a pic. not great but you can see its not quite right.
    Thanks for the feedback! That’s an interesting defect. Maybe they can just send you a new cap?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! That’s an interesting defect. Maybe they can just send you a new cap?
    Not sure if they even have any parts for them yet, Covid has really caused a bunch of issues with this optics roll out. I hope it's that easy.

I use Nyogel 760G dielectric grease on any and all O-rings intended for electrical sealing to help prevent exactly the issue you are encountering. Yes, the cap may indeed be warped, but a proper o-ring lube may still solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I use Nyogel 760G dielectric grease on any and all O-rings intended for electrical sealing to help prevent exactly the issue you are encountering. Yes, the cap may indeed be warped, but a proper o-ring lube may still solve it.
    Agreed... but it's a bit disheartening since this is a brand new optic fresh from the manufacturer to replace the one that quite working.

Anybody have anymore intel on a release for the P2???

Attachment 82983Attachment 82982Tango Down has a lens guard for the P2. Here it is on my P2.

Name:  984212D3-0880-4FE6-BE4D-BA23D4589E51.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  B3FB6B20-BF98-40F7-A321-DF8F37576055.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  35.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List