Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

I’ve been lurking around this forum for years, absorbing information and emptying my wallet based on creditable recommendations…figured it was time I actually sign up and contribute a bit.

I recently got an Acro P2 and FCD mos plate for my g45. I don’t think I can post pictures yet as this is my first post, but is it normal to have a small sliver of daylight after install where the locking block and groove of the plate are located? Both sides are locked in, everything torqued to spec with LT 248. If I hold it at a certain angle I can see daylight through the plate groove and after a brief search here, I was unable to locate any similar inquiries.

Anyone know what holsters Austin PD (or anyone else) is using for the M&P with Acro direct mounted? From APD's PR photos, it looks like their academy recruits are wearing 6360RDS holsters, but I can't find a Safariland fitment.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    I’ve been lurking around this forum for years, absorbing information and emptying my wallet based on creditable recommendations…figured it was time I actually sign up and contribute a bit.

I recently got an Acro P2 and FCD mos plate for my g45. I don’t think I can post pictures yet as this is my first post, but is it normal to have a small sliver of daylight after install where the locking block and groove of the plate are located? Both sides are locked in, everything torqued to spec with LT 248. If I hold it at a certain angle I can see daylight through the plate groove and after a brief search here, I was unable to locate any similar inquiries.
    This is normal, happens with the Dawson plates for Staccato's as well with the P2.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    This is normal, happens with the Dawson plates for Staccato's as well with the P2.
    Good to know. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Mine has developed several (6-7 noticable) black specs that appear to be inside the optic between the front sacrificial window and the interior glass. The optic remains usable. Thoughts on what this may be? Should I do an RMA?
    I dropped one of my ARCOs (mounted to a glock) from the top of a 6ft shelf onto concrete and had that happen (a couple of small black specs showed up in the window). Totally my fault but Aimpoint fixed me up for free and the turn around was very quick.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Mine has developed several (6-7 noticable) black specs that appear to be inside the optic between the front sacrificial window and the interior glass. The optic remains usable. Thoughts on what this may be? Should I do an RMA?
    PM out to you with an RMA link.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    And once again, Mr. Dobbs is a real class act...

pat

Kicking myself for not buying one when I had the chance.

Optics Planet is still doing P2 preorders and 12% off coupon (BFCM12). They said expect 11 March 2023 for them to be in-stock.

I snagged an Acro P1 on a Black Friday sale and might just sell it when it shows up. We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Kicking myself for not buying one when I had the chance.

Optics Planet is still doing P2 preorders and 12% off coupon (BFCM12). They said expect 11 March 2023 for them to be in-stock.

I snagged an Acro P1 on a Black Friday sale and might just sell it when it shows up. We shall see!
    It seems like, at least in the last few months, they do pop up on the Aimpoint site. We had a demo day early November with a Glock rep who had a p2. I liked it and decided I’d like to get one if I could…a week or so later, and lots of refreshing on the Aimpoint store page, I was able to get one. I think they’re out there just requires persistence and patience, but I’m fairly certain you could snag one before OP’s March 2023.

Scalarworks has them in stock, $699 with their mounts. Works out to $550 for the P2, which is as low as anywhere.

I figure I will keep the P1 for a PCC and use that mount. Slap the P2 on my pistol.

User Tag List