Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am just teasing Karma.

I compete with a 2011 Open gun now, and so the Staccato makes sense. However, I shoot a 19 with a comp better than my Staccato P, and the Glock is so much easier for me to have, accessorize, and maintain, that a bag full of 19/45 Glocks makes sense for me and my life.
    I knew you were... same here.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am just teasing Karma.

I compete with a 2011 Open gun now, and so the Staccato makes sense. However, I shoot a 19 with a comp better than my Staccato P, and the Glock is so much easier for me to have, accessorize, and maintain, that a bag full of 19/45 Glocks makes sense for me and my life.

That really depends on what tires and mods you have on your Rubicon.
    Hahaha I know just giving it back

I love Glocks and 2011s. I still have my 45 with a comp/RDS, my 48 RDS, and a gen 4 34 with adjustable irons. Eventually I want a couple more Staccatos.

Aimpoint ACRO P-2

I took a picture showing how the Ameriglo Gl-429 sights cowitness with my P2s on my Glock MOS 19/45s with FCD plates and thought this could be helpful for people here also.

I really like this sight picture with the sights as low in the window as possible while still being fully functional.

Site Supporter
    @dontshakepandas: I call that a lower 1/4 co-witness when discussing the GL-429 set.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I have a similarly set up G45/Aimpoint (B&T) plate with 10-8 irons- same sight picture as the 429s but gets you a set screw for the rear sight if you’re concerned about reports of the Ameriglo rears walking.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Not sure if that has been discussed, but here is an observation on the Acro in Safariland RDS holsters.

In most applications I prefer the rear sight in front of the optic, because it keeps the rear sight away from your clothing and puts the optic further away from ejection port blast. However, with the Acro, the optic rear placement doesn't work well with the hood on Safariland holsters. With the conventional MOS placement, the hood covers the Acro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for that observation @GJM. I’m still looking for a solution to protect the optic. One idea is a soft cover, connected to the holster or belt by a cord so it pulls off on the draw.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I am looking for recommendations for RMR > Acro adapter as I have a Shadow Systems inbound and this the recommended way to mount Acro to it. I noticed Aimpoint makes one - p.n 200602, but doesn't appear to be widely stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I am looking for recommendations for RMR > Acro adapter as I have a Shadow Systems inbound and this the recommended way to mount Acro to it. I noticed Aimpoint makes one - p.n 200602, but doesn't appear to be widely stocked.
    I thought CHPWS is taking orders for an Acro plate for the Shadow Systems pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Got the flips lens caps, so now my Glock is ready to take Sims to the lens:

User Tag List